Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

baja ss first run

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 01:15 PM
mwallin85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baja ss first run

Well I drove my baja ss for the first time today!!! Wow is all i can say. Its been a bit of a waiting game. If you had seen my post from last week, i had gotten a bad sterring servo in my kit and its been a pain in the ass trying to get that taken care of. Hpi is replacing it but told me it would take a couple weeks to get. So yesterday i couldnt handle it any longer and drove an hour and half to my hobby store and got me a new Hitec digital servo. put that in last night and today finally i got to run it. All i can say if this thing continues to run like this i'm selling all my nitro stuff. It started on 4 pulls and ran like a dream. God it was hard to take it easy on it that fist tank. Once i got i filled it up again and tuned some wow this thing hauls. My only beefs so far is that it pickes up grass and dirt like crazy. Every time i ran out of gas i had to take the body off and pull alot of grass and dirt out of it. Is there anything I can do to help prevent this? The other thing was the stock tires make it an handfull not that isnt a hell of alot fun but I think i am going to get some proline's and see how that goes. The last thing isnt a big deal but is it because i have the higher stall clutch that it seems to take a second to go. Once it goes its gone but it seems to take a split second to get moving. But other then that i love the thing. Any comments on my few beefs would be great.

sorry for a long post.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87356.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	962921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95613.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	962922   Click image for larger version

Name:	He97474.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	962923  
Old 06-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: baja ss first run

Yeh, I've often joked they should call it the Cow 5b, cos it eats so much grass! lol.

Fun, isn't it? I have one nitro left, and that will be going as soon as I find the right home for it. Glad you went for the Hitec, it's WAAAAAY better than the HPI servo. Nice job.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:26 PM
hayabusagreg

Get a 8000 rpm clutch spring, pipe, and you`ll see a BIG improvement...! As far as the grass and debris in the back half you can get side panel`s to close the body up...I made mine from screen...you can get from any hardware store...good luck
Old 06-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Nitro Fumes

Looks great. They're a blast. When I saw your picture I almost thought is was mine. See below:

Old 06-05-2008, 07:46 AM
reaganreagan
My Feedback: (25)

Very Pretty. They are hard to get dirty when they are that new. For me anyway. Nice Baja I must say. Have fun and take lots of pics.

r2
Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Instead of the Proline Badlands I would suggest considering the Hostile MX tires.. www.hostilehobby.com
http://www.hostilehobby.com/index.php?cPath=113_119
Check them out!

Old 06-05-2008, 08:08 AM
JCAustralia

Hayabusagreg

Do you have a picture of the side panels you build please?

Thanks

JC
Old 06-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

ORIGINAL: jerome888business

Hayabusagreg

Thanks

JC
Get yourself a set of these they work great http://www.bashbuster.com/ have them on my Baja I love em
Old 06-05-2008, 08:46 AM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: jerome888business

Hayabusagreg

Thanks

JC
you can also get a new set of side pods, and when you cut them out. just leave the plastic that would be the hole
Old 06-05-2008, 12:43 PM
RCyankee
Banned

ORIGINAL: reaganreagan

Very Pretty. They are hard to get dirty when they are that new. For me anyway. Nice Baja I must say. Have fun and take lots of pics.

r2

I ran mine easy for the first 4 tanks to be careful, and had a blast with it even breaking it in. Then....it rained [>:] and it was game on. Here she is after the first real day of play. But don't cry i have her all cleaned up now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25119.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	964303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34930.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	964304