Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

What have you broken when going to 36mm heads on you baja5b

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

What have you broken when going to 36mm heads on you baja5b

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 03:51 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What have you broken when going to 36mm heads on you baja5b

im now running a 36mm ESP race ported cylinder head on my TS induction crankcase motor , mods on the motor are +2mm stuffed crank 813 modded pump carb , HRS zero drag seals , lightened flywheel , highresponse clutch kit , rear dom pipe, they reackon this engine is making 7HP . the engine has excellent power grunt galore lol ,

SO before installing this i had a feeling i would break a few things and i was right lol.. today took it out for a run and the motor came to a complete stop and turned off making a clunking noise, i pulled the starter and it was jammed up , i thought it was a ceased engine took it home and was nearly about to unbolt the head when i inspected the clutch , i took off the clutch bell and found a broken clutch shoe bolt , well i didnt have any spares so i just used a clutch plate bolt instead and its working fine ,

so after that was fixed took it out for another spin and was speeding it through the grass when i heard the engine full rev out and then my rear right wheel flew off LOL i had to run after my wheel lol , took it back home to fix it , i have the darksoul rear axle extenders and the bolt that goes through the extender snapped right off , anyway just drilled it out and re tapped it and put in a stainless screw with a nut so now its not gonna go nowhere hopefully , now waiting to see what else is gonna break down to this power engine .
Old 06-08-2008, 05:22 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What have you broken when going to 36mm heads on you baja5b

Dogbones next, or pinion screw.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:42 AM
budman10
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What have you broken when going to 36mm heads on you baja5b

had the same prob with darksoul make sure u put the stock pins in them with a good set screw