Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Problem with ShenQi truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:37 AM
shaik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with ShenQi truck

HI

Let me intro my self, my name is Shaik from Penang Malaysia, recently I bought 1 Ford Monster truck 1/5 scale (ShenQi truck). Current I facing quite no. of problem as below

1. Earlier I facing diffuclity to start my truck, and try to tune the L and H tuning as per factory setting. Later I able to start the engine but it won't last long, it will stop its self after a while.
2. The I try to tune more higher on L and H tuning it able to stand for 1-2 min but once I start to play it will STOP its self again. After that I unable to start the engine, may be I able to start the engine after 3 hours. But I notice the engine getting warm and quite hot once I start and play the truck for 1-2 minutes.

There is no technical support in Malaysia and no one using this kind of scale car in my island (Penang, Malaysia)

My car Description

Length: 700mm
Heigth: 350mm
Width: 530mm
Engine: 23cc DZY23SC
Remote: 2-channel (Futaba-OEM)
Distance (front and rear wheel): 480mm
Tire Size: 190mm
Fuel Type: Gasoline/2 troke lubricant oil 25:1
Top Speed: 80km/hour

I really need your help since I bought this car I didn't play more than 2 minutes.

I hope you may help me as well. Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65646.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	966279  
Old 06-08-2008, 07:54 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Problem with ShenQi truck

Did you check the spark plug? make sure its not fouled? Also when you do get it running does the bulb have gas in it or is it dry . This will tell you if its overheating. Sometimes you have to adjust the idle adjustment screw when messing with the L needle too.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:22 PM
shaik

Actually I had try to change the plug before but one thing i notice was after play few minutes once i check the plug is dark brownise and quite wet ! May i know what u mention about the "Also when you do get it running does the bulb have gas in it or is it dry "

Whenever i tune the L needle to minimum level as engine runing it with stop after a while ....
Old 06-08-2008, 10:38 PM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

it sounds like its running super rich its loading up with fuel couseing it to shut down try going back to the stock setings wich i think are 1 1/4 for the low speed and 1 1/2 for the high speed. but double check the manual. when running very rich it will idle lower. rich means more fuel and less air, and can foul plugs. lean is more air and less fuel. you will have better performance by running it a little leaner. to lean it out, screw in the needles clock wise and to rich'in screw them counter clockwise. make sure you do incremints of 1/16 of a turn max. and dont "OVER TUNE". the factory settings are slightly rich. so from the factory settings you will always want to lean it out. start with the low speed needle. i usally only have to lean that out only 1/16 of a turn and thats it. then lean out your high speed needle. but remember. dont over tune it. just a very little bit. and make sure its at a good warmed up tempature. most of the time, if you lean it out, the idle will be normal, but if not just do a little bit of adjusting. once the carb is adjust properly it will be fine and you wont have to mess with it. try doing this with a new plug. since the motor is new, you dont want it to be too lean, but you at least want it to run good. the fuel bulb the paeblo was talking about is the primer bulb on the carb. let us know how that works out. dont get nervous. even the cheapest clones have half way decant motors that will run good for a long time.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:42 AM
shaik

Dear kryptonite5b,

I really apperieciate your guidelines and help, I will try out what you had mention to me and get back to you once I see the result. Anyway thanks again.

Shaik