Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

monster beetle body

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 11:24 PM
brent1972indy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monster beetle body

What part do I need to buy to use the front pre drilled holes in the monster beetle body. My firehammer mt front mounts are further forward and further apart than this. http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product2351.html
I would rather buy some fg parts to make new mounts like I did in the rear then to drill 2 more holes in my $130 new body.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:11 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: monster beetle body

The 'Monster' beetle body isn't designed for the marder/firehammer, I don't think there will be an easy way to do what you are trying to do. There is a different beetle body by FG which is designed for the Marder style chassis, and comes stock on the car they call the FG Beetle, not the Monster beetle pro. I don't think that body is made any more, but I may be wrong. In any case, I don't believe that a standard part exists (maybe the 'monster' front body mount could be mounted somehow?? I'm totally guessing here, but I doubt it, and I expect you'd still have body alignment issues.) that will make that body (MB Pro) fit that car (FH) perfectly. I think you should just consider whatever mounting method will be the cleanest for you, and then put stickers over the spare holes. Good luck.

PS. By the way, unless they've changed it since I bought mine (I understand there has been a minor update to monster and Baja models recently), those body holes in the DDM image, are in the wrong place. Mine are different, as can clearly be seen in this picture...

Old 06-18-2008, 05:08 AM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

Sure all you Need is the mounts for the Original Monster Beetle
Old 06-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Foxy

Still, clubin, don't you agree that in the DDM image, the holes appear to be in the wrong place?
Old 06-18-2008, 07:13 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

foxy, yours is the Monster beetle pro, based on the MT chassis. The monster beetle is based on the marder chassis.

You should only need the front shock tower and body mounts for the monster beetle.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:50 AM
wan6176

dats nice foxy soon im gonna get that beetle wen im going over to US on october...
Old 06-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Foxy

I thought we were talking about the MB pro body. Sorry guys, brain fart. [&:]
Old 06-18-2008, 04:20 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Indy is talking about the MB body, #6202. According to Hobbythek's site, there is a 6202 for the Monster Beetle and the 6202/01 for the Monster Beetle Pro. I can't tell a difference between the two, probably just the holes.

I'm doing the same mounting on my Firehammer MT with the 6202 body. The rear holes can be made to work with the FG roll cage parts (I'm rigging my own as I'm not going to give FG 10 bucks a pop for a single side of rollcage). As for the front, I don't believe the mounts will line up perfectly with the holes unless you put on your own mounting system of some sort. I'm just using my FHMT mounts that are in the front. I'll end up tearing the heck out of the body, so two extra holes are no big deal. Use some decals to cover them up.

Here is a pic of the [link=http://www.fg-modellsport-gmbh.de/medien/fotos-monster/fotos-large-monster/ChassisMonsterBeetle-large.jpg]Monster Beetle[/link]. This should give you an idea of how the front is set up.