Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

cable brakes vrs hydro`s

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:03 AM
jasrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cable brakes vrs hydro`s

Just wondering who has gone from cable brakes to hydro`s - was it a good move ?
how much looking after do they need once installed [ i assume less the cable brakes?]

as ill be changing from tunning cable brakes to Magura 2 hydro`s very soon [ late next week for the fronts]
Old 06-20-2008, 03:24 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: cable brakes vrs hydro`s

i have gone the hydros and once set up now they work great i just do normal cleaning after my runs nothing special and havent encountered anyt issues at all . wise move IMO !
Old 06-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard a lot of on road guys actually switched back to cables, as the bite is more progressive. Just something I heard, I have no experience of anything except the cable fronts by FG.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:06 PM
DarkSoul Racing

Hydros are one of those systems where if you get it set up right, they are a dream, but if you don't get them set up right.......... , forget about it.

In my experience, people either love them, or think they are spawned from the deepest pits of hell. For me, they are from hell sent here to make me miserable, I am back on cables. Patience and attention to detail are mandatory.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:18 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: DarkSoul Racing

Hydros are one of those systems where if you get it set up right, they are a dream, but if you don't get them set up right.......... , forget about it.

In my experience, people either love them, or think they are spawned from the deepest pits of hell. For me, they are from hell sent here to make me miserable, I am back on cables. Patience and attention to detail are mandatory.
i believe you i was almost there , till i found out i had too remove the caliper and bleed it upside down , the bleed screw was at the bottom . now i havent even had to make any adjustments in quite a few hours of run time with as much braking force as needed ! ful throotle 2 zero i'd say in under 10 feet might be more or less i have never measured but man it stops !
Old 06-20-2008, 06:29 PM
jasrx

ORIGINAL: cyclops1970

ORIGINAL: DarkSoul Racing

i believe you i was almost there , till i found out i had too remove the caliper and bleed it upside down , the bleed screw was at the bottom . now i havent even had to make any adjustments in quite a few hours of run time with as much braking force as needed ! ful throotle 2 zero i'd say in under 10 feet might be more or less i have never measured but man it stops !
ahhh intrresting to know , have u got any install pics ? as i see the Magura 2 `s brake cylinder mounts on the main chassi . so i guess ill have to drill a hole or 2 to mount it [ not a huge issue ]
Old 06-20-2008, 06:42 PM
hellya

hydro all the way baby...the ease of bleeding your system is amazing... minerial sprits... a syringe used for dispursing baby medicene in CCs and a small piece of gas line is all you need

Cables brakes the cables stretch you always have to adjust them

Old 06-20-2008, 08:58 PM
TommyGun24

Im looking forward to setting up hydraulic brakes on my Baja (which I havnt bought yet) when I have enough money. For me its setting it up and having it, you know, the model aspect as opposed to the performance aspect but im sure they will work great I cant see much reason why they wouldnt, if, as has been stated, they are set up propertly.

Hopefully someone experienced with them can do a comprehensive video tutorial on setting them up and tuning them that would be sweet.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Kemo

big down to hydros is if you break a line Cables are cheap and efficient.

In my area, the guys run a mix of cable and hydro... the guys who seem to do better and are more reliable, are those with cables.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:58 PM
jasrx

the hydro line seems cheaper then then the cables ..
i have aken my cable brakes off the front, ready for the hydro`s next week ....