Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

MCD, FS diff design is terrible.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

MCD, FS diff design is terrible.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:06 AM
dgav407

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MCD, FS diff design is terrible.

ORIGINAL: Isle of Wight Basher

Indeed, But my original Race runner was 2 models out of date in under 8 months, and I felt that no consideration was given to existing owners.

After all they were fixing weak points of an existing model, not major design changes or a new model, and it made upgrading my 8 month old (well over 1200GBP) car out of reasonable financial consideration. I know of at least one owner who upgraded (at the cost of hundreds of pounds) to evoII only the have the evoIII follow within a couple of months. not a happy bunny.
Hello Adrian, I assume you are referring to me!! I was not a happy bunny at first but I can honestly say now that it was well the money I spent. The car is totally reliable now (only one broken part in 6 months- a shock fork) and I have purchased another Evo 2 instead of the newer Evo 3 for racing. I'm grateful for the improvements that MCD are making to their products even if it means there is a financial cost.

It's a shame that some of the other largescale car producers don't develop/improve their products in the same way even if means they upset a few owners...I won't name and shame the worst offenders but I think most people can guess who I'm referring to.

I have never suffered broken internal diffs gears or pins on any of my three MCDs - providing you do not allow the grub screw on the drive output cup to work loose the pre 2008 diffs should not fail.

Clive
Old 06-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Isle of Wight Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MCD, FS diff design is terrible.

Hi Clive,

Indeed it was you I was referring to, and it's interesting to hear that you are a happy bunny now Yours is an opinion I trust when it comes to MCD.

I'm hoping to get a new 4wd car in the next 6 months, and currently the only one I'd consider (due to design and spares availability) would be an MCD or indeed it's clone with an EVOIII conversion kit, LSD's etc (money talks at the end of the day)

PS, as an aside, There's a few of us on the island with Large Scale cars now, so expect to see us soon(ish) at the track.

Cheers,

Adrian.