Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

I think I've finally lost it...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 12:56 PM
looker2756

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I think I've finally lost it...

Thought I would share this one. I shot this video. It was a test we were doing with some tricked drifting tires. We never even glued the tires to the wheels, didn't figure it would even need it. You should always consider the un-level surfaces of a parking lot !! Just a word of advise ... It was a ton of fun while it lasted though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDSlYUEoUj0

BTW: I still can't add my signature Foxy ?

" Member of the Largescalerc / Innovative Hobby staff "
Old 07-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Norway the clock is 19.55 as i write this,so 6 hours makes sense
Old 07-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Add another hour for Greece.

Bob, yeh, I've seen that vid, cool stuff. I laughed when the tire rolled off! I'll be sticking with white spots for now, as the drifting action is very aggressive and very realistic to the 1:1s, where your vid is almost the same slippage as those 1/10th cars you see drifting, also very cool.

I'll get onto them about your sig again. Sorry for the delay, I thought it had been sorted.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:26 PM
dgav407

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Foxy, are you using the slick or asphalt/tarmac rally tires?

Have you run the car(s) with locked diffs or a heavy weight silicon oil or grease in them?

I spent many hours on the set-up of my rally car trying to stop it from drifting....whilst it was great fun and generated alot of interest at race meetings, drifting round the corners/turns did not produce competitive lap times!!!

Clive

Old 07-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sorry Clive, at the moment, my only goal IS drifting. I don't mean to brag but I was racing 1/10th nitro for many years, and I'm pretty hot on setting up cars (I also dabble in 1:1 racing and modifying), so when the time does come to turn some good lap times, I'll let you know how I go.

I'm guessing you've tried the soft tarmac tires, a front anti-roll bar, and heavy weight diff oil front, open rear? As for damping, again you usually want softer rear, but that's just a guess, I really need to experiment, all cars behave differently.