Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Just started a homemade rc car!Need Help

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Just started a homemade rc car!Need Help

Old 07-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just started a homemade rc car!Need Help

ORIGINAL: Giorgos_cupra

It is going o be an on road car.With 4 front kart wheels,if it's not overkill.It is going to be chain driven and rear whel drive.

Foxy,thanks for the info!Nice to see a fellow from Greece.I don't live in Athens.I live in a town 200km away from Athens.But i come to Athens every 2 weeks.I think zenoah is a little out of my budget for just the engine.Well if it is brand new.Maybe a used one in good condition would be perfect.I'm going to a friend of mine tomorrow who ownes a shop which has many motors to check them out.Would it be to heavy a 40cc motor?Foxy you have pm

Lars do you have any pics from your rc?I would like to see it
Here's some of the pics,I have many more pics from the beginning of the project too.Wheelbase 535 mm,and width 420 mm.As I said,this is a Jonsered 45 ccm chainsaw,on which I removed the handle and the sword.Bought it used at a Jonsered dealer and in good condition for about 40 euros.Whats the size of the kart wheels btw?If you are going to use them with 1/5 body I think they will be too large.Are these wheels anything you have lying around?If you are going to buy them it will be a lot cheaper with 1/5-wheels,you can get then barely used for almost nothing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71953.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	981985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80637.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	981986  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:42 AM
sam123
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NICE! Does it handle well? On mine Im building at the moment im just not sure if making suspension is worth all the bother.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Lars from Norway

Have barely tested it outside our house,so I dont know what to say...I've said to myself during this project;if it runs forward and turns left and right I'm satisfied
Old 07-02-2008, 06:03 AM
Giorgos_cupra

Lars that thing is incredible!!I think it's a bit too heavy with that engine...Oh,we need vids of it running

My steering parts are cleaned...Well,here they are

Old 07-02-2008, 06:19 AM
Lars from Norway

What car are these parts from?I havent checked the weight of the engine itself,but the whole car with body weighs 11,8 kg.Im satisfied with that,i thought it would be nearer 13 or 14 kg's.And the gastank are integrated in it aswell,practical!

Edit:Ehem,did you meant top heavy btw?Or did you mean too heavy,like waaaayy to heavy?
Old 07-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Giorgos_cupra

They are from my mad force...

I meant the whole car to be heavy,but now you mention it,it must be top heavy too.But don't worry,i don't think it's going to flip
Old 07-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Lars from Norway

Oh,i shouldnt have mention that To comparasion it is 1,6 kg heavyer than my Marder,and the engine capacity is almost the double of the 26 ccm in the Marder.The torque is quite enormous,but because of the big ccm its a bit down on rpm's
Old 07-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Lars from Norway

Some more progress now as you have the chassiplate soon?Looking forward to update
Old 07-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Giorgos_cupra

Lars i surely will update the thread when the chassis plate arrives!I will post pictures of the plain aluminium sheet,during cutting and final chassis.Tomorrow i'm going out to do some bearing hunting.If i find what i'm looking for localy,i will post pics.If not,i have to wait for the bearings to arrive from the capital[:@]
Old 07-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Lars from Norway

Every hole you drill,every part you mill,every part you make,every tool you brake ill be watching you
Old 07-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Giorgos_cupra

Lars,you are oficially the BIG BROTHER
Old 07-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Lars from Norway

210 pounds of poetry!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:51 AM
Giorgos_cupra

I have an update

I bought today the two bases and ball bearings needed for the back axle...I have another problem to think about now....I'll post about it later...Sorry,no pics because i don't have a cam...My new phone arrives tomorrow or the day after and i'll post pics of the bearings and the bases.

Cheers
Old 07-09-2008, 06:11 AM
Giorgos_cupra

Well,this is my problem:At this moment i have a rear rolling axle,which only stands on the 2 bases containing the bearings.With the bearings it's ok for rolling,but what about the front-rear left-right forces that will hit the axle?I mean are the 2 bases and bearings sufficient to keep the axle from going back and front?Or those forces will rip apart the bases from the chassis?As for now i have 2 simple ball bearings...I dont' know how i'm i gonna make the axle stop from going left and right...I thought buying this kind of bearings,that have one or three hex screws on them.But i don't know if those little screws will hold...Please help cos i'm feeling a little lost right now...

I'm referring to those bearings:

Old 07-09-2008, 07:26 AM
sam123
My Feedback: (1)

Those bearings will be fine. The set screws should have more than enough strength to stop sideways movement. If you do encounter any problems, then just slide some spacing tube over the axle in between the bearings and wheel rims.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Giorgos_cupra

I have some bad news guys...I just came back from the hospital...My right hand is crackedRight now i cant do anything...Have to postpone any work i planned doing on the car...Probably,i'll stick to collecting the parts[][][]
Old 07-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Xtfreak

I have some bad news guys...I just came back from the hospital...My right hand is cracked Right now i cant do anything...Have to postpone any work i planned doing on the car...Probably,i'll stick to collecting the parts
Ouch! How did you do that?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:28 AM
dsales

Just take plenty of pain killers and some morphine and then you can continue building.

EDIT: Be carful on the Morphine, too much will make you sleepy.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Lars from Norway

Suddenly your hand was cracked?Hope you recover soon!I was looking forward to see the building here,bet you was looking forward to build too
Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 PM
wan6176

use bolt n nut to secure ur crack lolx
Old 07-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Xtfreak

use bolt n nut to secure ur crack lolx
hah I was just about to say that
Old 07-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Giorgos_cupra

No,it didn't happen suddenly...2 days ago i was working on my car.An audi A4.I was trying to get the damn cat bolts off.One snapped and i got hurt.From my nerves at the moment i gave 2 hard punches at the front differencial.Off course the differential didn't feel a thing,but my right hand pumped u like a balloon.I didn't feel any pain except when i was lifting my 2 last fingers.I thought it was nothing so i let it that way.My family and my girlfriend,insisted to go to the hospital just to be sure.So,i went today and made an x-ray.Doctor said it's not broken but cracked...I will post pics when my new phone arrives.And i'm getting new bearings tomorrow with hex screws
Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM
wan6176

dun see to much HELLBOY lolx ur hand arent like him lolx
Old 07-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Xtfreak

No,it didn't happen suddenly...2 days ago i was working on my car.An audi A4.I was trying to get the damn cat bolts off.One snapped and i got hurt.From my nerves at the moment i gave 2 hard punches at the front differencial.Off course the differential didn't feel a thing,but my right hand pumped u like a balloon.I didn't feel any pain except when i was lifting my 2 last fingers.I thought it was nothing so i let it that way.My family and my girlfriend,insisted to go to the hospital just to be sure.So,i went today and made an x-ray.Doctor said it's not broken but cracked...I will post pics when my new phone arrives.And i'm getting new bearings tomorrow with hex screws
Haha punch ANYTHING on a car...it hurts.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Giorgos_cupra

Todays update.I finally got my new phone si i now i'm able of taking some pics.These are,my new bearing bases,the new hex bearings and some disk brakes(they r going to be used as templates).The bases will be painted blue with some other bits on the car.I'm still waiting for my chassis to arrive[:@].Let me know what you think guys

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.