Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Help Identifying

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
PedeBeater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Identifying

I am looking to buy a new 1/5 truck. I would like to have a duratrax firehammer mt knockoff for part support. One of the following is advertised to be identicle, but the other is not. I was going to get that one, but not if I will get no part support. I was told they are both the same except a few minor differences like shocks, body, rim color, air filter, and pipe arrangment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ford-F150-1-5-RC...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-5-scale-rc-2st...QQcmdZViewItem

Thank you,
PB
Old 07-23-2008, 09:28 PM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

Default RE: Help Identifying

if you are going with either one of them, i would go with the smartech. its a clone of the duritrax wich is a clone of fg. shenqui is a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone.. and i probly missed one. you will also get better customer service with smartech and more of the parts are compatible. there is NO shenqi support, and some of the parts like motor mounts and such arent an exact copy wich could be a problem. smartech is also a pretty well adjusted company now a days. they are also active members on the forum.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

If you have to go with one of those go with the Smartech as said but once again if you really want to save yourself headaches and disappointment go with the real deal forget the knock offs..
Old 07-23-2008, 10:54 PM
PedeBeater

Thank you for your help. I will be getting the smartech.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: kryptonite5b

if you are going with either one of them, i would go with the smartech. its a clone of the duritrax wich is a clone of fg.
Duratrax imports that truck from "smartech", along with their raze and raze st. Yes smartech makes it, but duratrax sells it here as the firehammer. Shenqi is supposedly the lower quality clone of clones... just word passing around the forums.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:53 PM
xhaliex

go smartech

all firehammer parts fit, and most fg part