Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Do you think losi or associated, gasser

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Do you think losi or associated, gasser

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Snaut Rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you think losi or associated, gasser

Losi and associated are bout the only major company's with out gassers. besides racing ones such as ofna, mugen and xray
I can see associated for some reason not coming out with one but losi, i think is due for something new. Like a 1/5 based of their lst platforms.
I mean traxxas has one along with hpi, duratrax, and redcat.
I think they need to show thier innovation.
What do you guys think, think they might come out with one.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:41 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Do you think losi or associated, gasser

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

Losi and associated are bout the only major company's with out gassers. besides racing ones such as ofna, mugen and xray
I can see associated for some reason not coming out with one but losi, i think is due for something new. Like a 1/5 based of their lst platforms.
I mean traxxas has one along with hpi, duratrax, and redcat.
I think they need to show thier innovation.
What do you guys think, think they might come out with one.
Traxxas really doesn't have one anymore it's been discontinued....I think most companies don't get involved in gasers cause gasers don't sell as much as Nitro's. I've seen 20 to 30 Nitro's sell at my LHS over a Baja....they are dumb people in my opinion but some don't understand that the $400 or so Nitro will cost you what a gaser cost in a years time or more. I got more cash into a T-Maxx then in any gaser I own and haven't run the T-Maxx in 2 years lol....people want gasers but don't want to shell out $1000 right away....its the same with giant scale planes, everyone wants them but doesn't want to pay the price to own them...I doubt you'll ever see Losi involved in gasers but maybe....I'd like to see HPI or Traxxas turn out a 4wd one myself but doubt it'll happen
Old 07-25-2008, 04:48 PM
dsales

I would say Thunder Tiger may come out with one in the far futre as their such a large and wealthy company, but with the economy in bad times, i doubt that they will bother bringing out a large scale RC car which alot of people wont be ablt to afford.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:18 PM
DarkSoul Racing

I will be the happiest guy around if Associated comes out with a 1/5 scale rig. I had an original RC10 with the orange tub way back when, and just loved it to death, all their currect cars are amazing, and I think if they put their minds to it, could come out with a great large scale.

HPI is still seeing record sales on the Baja, so I don't think the economy is doing much damage to that market. I really think (and hope) that they go for it. I will buy 3 right out of the gate.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:54 AM
mojavemonster

DSALES.....you are from Europe. From what I understand your economy is doing great.

If Thunder Tiger practically owns the word RC throughout the whole world then they ought to come out with a rig.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Snaut Rocket

well with hpi's awsome product, asst or losi are going to have to step it up a notch to sell more than them.
Which i actually hope they do.
There really isnt no competition in this market.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:58 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Isn't the Traxxas gas buggy discontinued? I'd love to see traxxas scale up the revo into a 1/5 scale gasser. Couldn't all of these companies basically do that? Scale up one of their current cars. I know it's not quite that easy, but in essence that's probably what they could.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:59 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: cheezer1222

Isn't the Traxxas gas buggy discontinued? I'd love to see traxxas scale up the revo into a 1/5 scale gasser. Couldn't all of these companies basically do that? Scale up one of their current cars. I know it's not quite that easy, but in essence that's probably what they could.
yep thats what i was going to say , traxxas already made a gasser in the dinosaur era lol they should have made a new and improved version of gasser already its the year 2008 and there is no new gasser from traxxas still . i dont like losi never have , but i do like associated i had one of their nitro TC3 shaft driven fourwheel drive onroad 1/10 cars and it was damn fast before i crashed it and blew up the engine at full speed lol , so unless traxxas still dont come up with anything my vote is for associated .