Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

My Baja SS experience...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:14 AM
racer/flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Baja SS experience...

Glad your enjoying your kit. I haven't bought anything rc for months, just so I can save up for a super sport. Would you say this 1:5 scale buggy is as fun, or a whole lot more fun than your 1:8 scale buggy?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:06 PM
woman_73

Hey, I see your into monster also. I painted my bmw with the same scheme a couple months ago.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87242.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1014942  
Old 08-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My god woman, that's a great body! Er, hang on, the last time I said that I was threatened with a sexual harrassment suit!! I TAKE IT BACK!!! lol.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:20 PM
turbodremz23
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: Foxy

My god woman, that's a great body! Er, hang on, the last time I said that I was threatened with a sexual harrassment suit!! I TAKE IT BACK!!! lol.

now thats funny...
Old 08-19-2008, 12:42 PM
woman_73

LOL, no harm done!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Mr Terminator

I've fitted the TGN Billet alloy and Carbon fuel tank,TGN billet plug guard and the Shockwears shock covers.I've also trimmed a centimetre of TGN filter to make it fit behind the front locking cover and fits perfect now.I did the roll cage mod too.It a pain to remove the rollcage without this mod as you have to remove the rear brace to get it out.I just cut the rollcage at the rear with a straight cut with the Dremmel,then sleeved the union with alloy tube thats the right diameter to go over the tube and put 2 self tappers in a drilled hole either side of the joint.It makes life easier to just undo 4 screws and 2 clips and it slides off,I even polished the tube with Autosol....

All in all,a pretty productive day with the Baja,next comes either the rear Dominator or get the Turtle Racing front shock tower and combined brace and the rear shock tower brace,Dark Soul axle extenders front and rear,not sure what to do yet.I'll decide when it gets closer to the end of the month.....

***EDIT*** Will add some pics later of the new hop ups and cage mod....
Old 08-21-2008, 04:05 PM
monsterbrad

How is this car for reliability?
Old 08-23-2008, 12:19 AM
Mr Terminator

As far as i'm concerned the reliability is great,i've put 3 tanks through mine without an issue but only time will tell.The harder you bash the quicker it will bust I suppose as with all models.Its certainly different to the 1/8 nitros,thats for sure and once you get to grips with the 2wd its a lot more satisfying to drive I feel...

Here's a few pics of her with the latest additions,TGN fuel cap,TGN plug cover and Shockwears.The Stanley rolling tool caddy is one I forgot I had,its ideal for the Baja and I have to thank the wife for finding it in the garage so thanks Jane,you're a star,it has top toolbox with tote tray,middle has 2 drawers with adjustable dividers and the bottom has a bin that swings out from the top,ideal for fuel storage,the last pic shows a blurry image of the rollcage mod I did using magnesium alloy from an unused section of a Ham radio beam antenna....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96536.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1017159   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19723.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1017160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd86758.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	62.2 KB