Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

my fg beetle.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:46 AM
j.hawkes3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my fg beetle.

hi guys.my fg 29cc is brilliant at top end but the bottom end seems to and sounds as though it struggles till it gets to top end.my gearing is 48/16 and i have the limited slip diff which was set up for the engine/beetle.the plug is fine and the clutch spins freely and so the car moves with ease.it is full alloy and does weigh quite heavy.i did originally think it was the clutch so changed it to a racing one.no difference.i built this car from bits off ebay/local model shop and if im honest the bottom end is always rubbish and this is my second engine in it.any suggestions and ideas would be appreciated.thanks guys.ps the engine needle settings are fine,well to my knowledge.it does not cut out if i leave it ticking over and it does sound as though it wants to dart forward but like i say it pulls off like a slug[>:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27764.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1008914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84899.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1008915  
Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 PM
wan6176

Default RE: my fg beetle.

try changing gear instaed of using 48/16 .ddm got few range.try ask foxt he got list/range of gearing paper.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:49 PM
jasrx

is the racing clutch an adjustable type ? what pipe is it running ?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:55 AM
j.hawkes3

when i said racing clutch a should have said vented clutch bell.the one with holes in basically but it does run better with the normal clutch bell on.im using the fg pipe.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:13 AM
j.hawkes3

ps.back when it was a normal plastic bug with the 26cc engine it used to shift all throughout the power band.then i did the alloy conversion and has always for over twelve months now been sloppy at acceleration and at the start.i have tweeked it with the spektrum reciever and now the engine revs and responds instantly.i have spent a fortune trying to get it to wheelie[:@] but it only does it if i bounce the front end of something.i have stiffened the shocks.limited the suspension.added the pipe and the fg pipe should make it wheelie,bigger engine and still no instant wheelies.oh added boost bottles but took them off....toooo fast then.basically i went from not knowing about 2 stroke to spending lots of hours in the spare room to my mrs annoyance perfecting the damn thing.love it to bits but training for my profession as a bricklayer was not so hard and trust me i have built some complex buildings.i should add i did my marder/beetle and savage at the same time.the blokes down the track told me to leave them until something goes wrong but i just wanted them better and faster.my girlfriend still laughs at me over my hobbybut appreciates the frustration if you catch my drift.cheers lads and happy racing...or should that be breaking.have any of you got your cars just the way you want them???? oh thinking of taking off the fg pipe and putting on a jetpro....whats think thanks
Old 08-12-2008, 01:39 AM
jasrx

i say put a high rpm clutch spring in . and u will see a fair diffrence in take off ........
my MT used to wheelie like crazy with the standard zen 26cc and jetpro pipe and high rpm clutch spring..