Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

X-Can and More Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:41 AM
boilermaker13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Can and More Speed

I have a 28.5 GP290 Big Bore with an X-Can on my Baja 5B. I love the low end grunt, looks, and sound the X-Can provides but would like a little more top end speed. What's the best way to gain more speed while still using the X-Can? I'm currently using the 18/57 HPI gearing. Would the 18/55 Robinson racing gears give more top speed without taking away too much of the low end grunt from the X-Can? Is the acceleration loss noticable with the 18/55 gearing?
Old 08-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: X-Can and More Speed

If I was you I'd go 19/55, the super speed set. That mill and pipe will drive it easily. The top end on the x-can is pretty good. Also check the x-ports, I believe the short one is for top end and the long one for torque. Might be worth going to a slightly longer one if you go for those gears. You should be hitting nearly 55 with those gears. Check this out... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7172298

Here's my vid of my RTR with stock 23cc engine and mielke pipe, driving the 18/55 gears happily. With your engine and the x-can, you'll be fine... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcCA4WsRV7g