Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

XRC RC2

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 11:15 AM
RCMASTER1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XRC RC2

just bought this from a local guy today, he had 2 HPI b5's also, said he put some billett braces on it that they dont come with and need for the rear bulk and along the pullstarter side of the motor, also did some other strength adders with replacing alot of the screws and nuts with stronger ones, has a ddm 27cc big bore kit with a port and polished matched carb with a velocity stack and unifilter airfilter, 6k clutch spring, muffler has been gutted too i believe, how many on here have one of these that there happy with,lol ?? what aftermarket pipes can fit on this?

Old 08-23-2008, 11:36 AM
borley1863

Default RE: XRC RC2

What is that engine as standard? Make That is.
Guy
Old 08-23-2008, 11:39 AM
RCMASTER1

honestly i dont know,loL! just got it today and dont really know alot about this make except for what the previous owner told me, just know it has the ddm big bore on it, the head says Chinese Yang
Old 08-23-2008, 02:17 PM
borley1863

Oh right if it says that its a CY!
Guy
Old 08-23-2008, 03:29 PM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

hey. i have an xrc as well. the on-road version wich is the rc-1. its ok. parts on it are very weak, and the stock motor is a dog. all in all, its just ok. i didnt expect much from it, so i wasnt dissapointed
Old 08-23-2008, 06:22 PM
RCMASTER1

this thing moves pretty good, only ran it for about 15mins so far and the motor still needs some breaking in from the new head, ive only owned 1 other 1/5 scale and that was the firehammer, and this so far seems alot better, alot more power too needs a good pipe though, not sure what could fit on it since the exhaust port faces straight down to the chassis
Old 08-23-2008, 08:15 PM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

glad to here you like it. sounds like the motor will open up with another tank or so. not familuar with the pipes for these, but i race on-road and all the pipes face down like that. here is a link to some on-road pipes. you may have a problim with the body tho. you should call these guys and ask them as well. the sell the xrc, so they should know what will work
http://www.fgsupply.com/Parts_by_Cat...ned_Pipes.html
Old 08-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Bratch96

What does the stock exhaust look like? I've always wondered that because you can never really tell by the pictures. I wonder if it already is a "performance" exhaust.

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you drilled a hole in the muffler? I've been tempted to do this but have never done it.

Post some video of it running around.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:32 PM
RCMASTER1

the stock exhasut is just a square metal box with 1 stinger, it mite be performance now cause the previous owner supposedly hollowed it out, but i want a pipe like i had on my firehammer MT