Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

ive had it ,going to put the 668 back on.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

ive had it ,going to put the 668 back on.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:47 PM
lorhd2005
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ive had it ,going to put the 668 back on.

hi ive never changed carbs on these before,going from the 813 ,which will not run right ,to the stock 668,i got the 813 out,bot the round thing that filter goes over,im not sure what its called,had some kind og silicone on it,i had to somewhat pry it off,came off pretty easy,also im not sure where the choke goes,ant step by step on this would be appreciated,since ive had a heck of a time with that 813,oh before i make a big mistake by changing carbs,would a 2 cyle oil,tc-w3 which is made for marine and outboard motors its called kendall gt-1,cause all the problems im having,like difficuly to start,wont stay running,ive tried all the recommendations on this forum, nothing seems to work,but i never mentioned the 2 cycle oil,thanks for any help
Old 09-11-2008, 03:09 PM
JQuest64

Default RE: ive had it ,going to put the 668 back on.

Don't know about the oil but i can confirm that the 813 can be a pain in the rear till you get it tuned right.
I thought something was wrong with mine and almost gave up. Glad I didn't though, now that I got it right I love the carb.

Does it run at factory settings and not so well as you try to tune it?
I found the needles to be very finicky and very small adjustments made a bigger difference than with other carbs.
I actually had to richen my lowend over factory. Once my engine was broken in I tried to turn in on the lowend for more off the line punch and had real trouble keeping the thing going.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Dirby

when you remove the 813 carb and replace it with the 668 there is a thick spacer about .125 thou that is will to have to be placed between the carb and air filter.
this is to allow clearence to open the choke all the way.
if you do not put this spacer in you will not be able to open the choke all the way.
813 carb's have geven a lot of people a lot of trouble .
i had one and got rid of it real quick.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:26 PM
hellya

the 813 on the gas boats work good cause there is no airfilter..... you can choke it with a finger.......... i sold mine fast too...
cold starts are alot of fun with a 813
Old 09-11-2008, 05:56 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the 813 carb is not for every one..there very fussy to adjust..they have a build in acellerator pump that keep pushing fuel in
with these cars or buggys and trucks ..unless you are going pretty much WOT wide open throttle most of the time you might have
problems..most people are on/off the throttle..I think there really for people who race and maybe more for the boat guys..they run
Wot 95% of the time...Best advice is use the 668...I spent a lot of time but got the 813 adjusted for my firehammer..If I have problems
I will use the 668..AKASlawhammer
Old 09-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Dirby

yeah go with the 668
i am thinking about getting a Zen G270 From DDM
if i can't get it with the 668 i probably won't get the motor than.
Dirby
Old 09-11-2008, 09:49 PM
da mad maori

the 813 is a good carby.. people think they're crap coz its hard to start.. be mindful they DO come with a choke but its on the airfilter which in most cases get removed for a better air filter....
they will start easy when the LSN is in the perfect setting... 1mm to the left or right it can be a pain......

i just prime the bulb, pull the throttle 3 time... slow pull the cord twice then pull hard... WHAMO shes crackling away lol

if ya cant get it to work.... then yer change carbs... but if ya can tune it perfectly they rip
Old 09-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Dirby

i don't believe there is any performance gain by useing the 813 carb.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:10 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: da mad maori

the 813 is a good carby.. people think they're crap coz its hard to start.. be mindful they DO come with a choke but its on the airfilter which in most cases get removed for a better air filter....
they will start easy when the LSN is in the perfect setting... 1mm to the left or right it can be a pain......

i just prime the bulb, pull the throttle 3 time... slow pull the cord twice then pull hard... WHAMO shes crackling away lol

if ya cant get it to work.... then yer change carbs... but if ya can tune it perfectly they rip
i agree 110 %
i use them on my boat and buggy aswell , there tempermental no doubt .. but i have a few gallons at this point with no more tweeking