Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Vertigo Rear Axle Extender Set for HPI Baja 5b

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Vertigo Rear Axle Extender Set for HPI Baja 5b

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 02:25 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertigo Rear Axle Extender Set for HPI Baja 5b

can someone please explain to me how these work , i dont understand how the pin is held in the extender , is it like the old setup how the pin is locked in the hub and sealed in by the rim
Old 09-15-2008, 05:43 AM
da mad maori

Default RE: Vertigo Rear Axle Extender Set for HPI Baja 5b

a rubber o-ring holds them in place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JwVe8e-U1g
Old 09-15-2008, 05:54 AM
splcrazy

is there a chance that the rubber o ring can come off
Old 09-15-2008, 05:56 AM
da mad maori

no not all all
ive had mine on for 3 engines and countless tanks... have never had a prob.. they're quite thick o-rings
Old 09-15-2008, 06:21 AM
splcrazy

ok cool thanks .
Old 09-15-2008, 08:35 AM
JCAustralia

Hi

How do they compare with the Darksoul ones? Are they same basically or is one better (durability, design and material used) than the other?

Cheers

JC
Old 09-15-2008, 09:50 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JCAustralia

Hi

How do they compare with the Darksoul ones? Are they same basically or is one better (durability, design and material used) than the other?

Cheers

JC
Much Much better I have both and I have kept on breaking so many screws on the Darksoul one's but the vertigo i never had one problem, one of the O rings that came with it was thinner than the other one so I went to the hardware store and bought 4 more I bought the one 's that was even THICKER THAN THE THICKEST ONE THAT IT CAME WITH. They only cost me 50 cents. No problems with the pins comming out of what so ever...no set screws to deal with and it's so easy to change it's well worth it.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:03 AM
DarkSoul Racing

As Crusher has stated, we had some pretty big problems as of late with the rear cross bolts breaking. This was not an issue when we originally released hem, but with the increase in engine output with all the available pipes, and it seems everyone modding out their motors, the small bolt could just no longer take the beating.

We have in fact redesigned our extenders to go back to the original cross pin design as well as some other added features including a hex already machined into the extender for those that want to run aftermarket disk brakes, ad as always, they come with 4 fanged wheel nuts. We have been trying to catch up on production, so the "V.2" extenders have been pretty sparse lately, but the big run is now done, and a large quantity will be shipping out by Wed. for those interested.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:26 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: DarkSoul Racing

As Crusher has stated, we had some pretty big problems as of late with the rear cross bolts breaking. This was not an issue when we originally released hem, but with the increase in engine output with all the available pipes, and it seems everyone modding out their motors, the small bolt could just no longer take the beating.

We have in fact redesigned our extenders to go back to the original cross pin design as well as some other added features including a hex already machined into the extender for those that want to run aftermarket disk brakes, ad as always, they come with 4 fanged wheel nuts. We have been trying to catch up on production, so the "V.2" extenders have been pretty sparse lately, but the big run is now done, and a large quantity will be shipping out by Wed. for those interested.

IT looks like you have an O ring that will go over your pins along with the additional set screw to hold the pins from inside is this true? How much for this Version 2...man I wish you would have made them with your closed end caps instead of the open one's. But all is good at least you do get the end caps (nuts) with it
Old 09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Dirby

when i got my v ones there wasn't any o ring with them so i used a wide zip tie and they have worked just fine.
Dirby.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:04 PM
DarkSoul Racing

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher
IT looks like you have an O ring that will go over your pins along with the additional set screw to hold the pins from inside is this true? How much for this Version 2...man I wish you would have made them with your closed end caps instead of the open one's. But all is good at least you do get the end caps (nuts) with it
You are correct, they will be available at DDM for $63.00 for a full set.

I have been toying with the idea of making them available with your choice of wheel nuts, but I will need to sort out the details with the distributors, so don't wait for this to happen, will be sometime, if ever, it is just more part numbers to deal with, so in all likelihood they will not go for it.

They should be available again in about a week.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:32 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: DarkSoul Racing

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher
You are correct, they will be available at DDM for $63.00 for a full set.

I have been toying with the idea of making them available with your choice of wheel nuts, but I will need to sort out the details with the distributors, so don't wait for this to happen, will be sometime, if ever, it is just more part numbers to deal with, so in all likelihood they will not go for it.

They should be available again in about a week.
That's not a bad price at all 63.00 for a full set.....what a way to go[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 09-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Mr Terminator

I've just got a full set of the DS V2's and the quality is second to none,machine tolerances are excellent.Once again Ted hits the bullseye....
Old 09-16-2008, 02:32 AM
splcrazy

i have always like the darksoul versions aswell , and i cant complain about the vertigo extenders either , they are both really good , but yeah darksouls new o ring version is better , but i bought the V1 when they first came out and had big problems with the bolt snapping so i did this mod my self and its never been better
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34148.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1034364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94316.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1034365  
Old 09-16-2008, 03:27 AM
joester

Is there maybe any warrantee from DS if your bolt snap's in the v1's?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:13 AM
JCAustralia

Hi

Quick question I'm thinking of getting only the rear extenders to prevent the rubbing issue.

Is it ok to use only the rear extenders on the car or should I get the front also?

Cheers

JC
Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Lars from Norway

A little guessing here:since the car is only widened at the back it will get more triangleshaped and be less stable than if it have the same width round about
Old 09-16-2008, 07:30 AM
splcrazy

i ran only rear darksoul extenders for a long time and it didnt effect handling , the front starts to rub also but the rears rub wosre if you dont get it done , but if you get extenders front and rear , run another set of rear rims for the front too it handles much much better , thats what i done to mine
Old 09-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Dave ESPI

I weighed the 2 of them back in January when I was putting my Baja together. The Vertigo were the sound choice. Plus they are plugged in the end so dirt does not get inside the rear axel area. They just look nicer IMHO.

Actualy all teh vertigo stuff has been flawless on my heavily abused "beater" of a buggy