Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

homemade 1/4 scale buggy project (vid)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

homemade 1/4 scale buggy project (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 AM
da mad maori

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: homemade 1/4 scale buggy project (vid)

thank you

i used a voltage regulator ($7 from a electronics store) to knock the 12v down to 6volt for the RX and control servo

the wiper motor was stripped of all extra brushes etc... was left with two wires going to two opposing brushes

ive been spending along time tring different schems ...once ive tgested one that i think is good then ill post up a simple schem

i dont know how heavy it is but the pocket quad it was is capable of carrying 100kgs and its no where near that... yet lol

12 drill i think might be too fast... idunno might try it

cheers
Old 01-10-2010, 12:55 AM
T-MaxxxedOwt

Youre very welcome man as I can say you are the inspiration for me starting up a couplemy owntrue low budgetproject build ups...Im doing a 1/5 scale renditionsortof likethe old 1/10th scale Tamiya Super Hornet and Im doing a 1/4 scale of the Team AssociatedRC-10Gt.....Its only been a couple daysof 4-5 hours each since Ive started on theSuper Hornetand I already have the a-arms /frame and rear swingarm already mocked upwith the engine plus rear axle from a pocket quad mounted.The shocks in the picture arent what Im using theyre there to judge the rest of the build......For the Super Hornet imposter Im using a 33cc electric start weedeaterengine and the RC-10Gt look alike Im using a 52ccBig Bore pocket bike engine from an X-2 with CVT trans...Maybe ill take some pics and start a build thread of the Super Hornet.....Keep up the good work on yours and thanks for replying...

Old 05-05-2010, 10:56 AM
rkp209

do you plan on printing out plans to construct this buggy?