Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

baja or mcd 4x4 clone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:41 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baja or mcd 4x4 clone?

ok as some have u have seen i have been getting stuff ready for a baja 5b ss, but i forgot imex rc had a 4x4 mt, link is here it looks like a mcd clone.

http://www.imexrc.com/servlet/the-92...4-WHEEL/Detail

now I'm wondering if i should pick that up instead and why I'm thinking about it, is there only located a hour drive from me so parts or service would be a snap compared to air mail and only online parts...

does anyone maybe have any info on that truck, or if it is a knock off of a mcd or maybe something else?

i rather have the baja but i like the fact that its imex is 4x4 30cc, and only a hour drive... but then again i don't want to be stuck with a lemon, and regret not getting the baja.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 AM
mbe301

Default RE: baja or mcd 4x4 clone?

I have 2wd versions of the buggy and MT. These can be converted to 4wd for around $200 (just buy the missing parts from the manual) They seem well built. I've only squeezed in 1 tank on the buggy, but like it so far. There's a long thread on them (FS Racing 4wd) Bearings on the wheels are the most common problem. (I have one ready to cease after the first tank) Other than one outdrive come loose (red locktite used on grub, but they didn't tighten all the way[]) I like the way the buggy handles better than my TQ baja or TQ MT. Motor is okay(for 2wd), but sounds weak for 4wd. Ebay - got both for under $250 (plus shipping)... but if you've got the cash, get the SS (or maybe a KM), way more access to parts and hop-ups
Old 10-02-2008, 09:19 AM
savagecommander

mmm i dont know. they dont exactly hold it in a good light in the vid - seems kinda ehh. youve got a sure bet with a baja though....
Old 10-02-2008, 09:51 AM
nothinbetr2do

i would go with a baja ss, it has a proven track record and a ton of up-grades are already out there. as for the video of the other truck, it didn't look all that good.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:53 PM
clubin

Here is my Baja 1000, or get yourself a 5B, but they are very different. Have you thought of a FG?

JMO, don't buy a clone.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:54 PM
reaganreagan
My Feedback: (25)

I personally would go for the Baja simply because I believe the other would cause you more trouble and you would not be happy. This is just me though. This does not mean that if you buy the truck you are going to have problems, but just to be on the safe side. I always say you can't go wrong with the baja. It is a tough machine gee it went 120 miles through rough terrain that should tell you something.

r2
Old 10-02-2008, 11:30 PM
hellya

i like my rampage 4x4 truck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMxlgL64aI
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43890.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1045200