Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Alpha Male
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem

I was driving the Baja SS (stock Cy 26, stock pipe) today and the motor started sounding strangely flat. I pulled it in and reset the high and low end screws to factory settings, but it started to sound even worse. The motor seemed to be idling really high no matter what I did to the settings like it was super lean, so I shut it down.

I plan to search for the problem tomorrow when I clean it up, but was wondering if it sounded like an air leak somewhere to you. I admit that I have not had too much experience with these big motors, so it might be nice to know where to start looking. Maybe the pipe screws just back out a bit?

Any guesses/suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 10-03-2008, 10:00 PM
splcrazy

Default RE: Problem

yep i would start looking for airleaks check every single gasket on the motor , i dont even bother to run a new engine if i havnt rebuilt and put it together my self . when i bought my second baja5b and took the motor apart all the gaskets arnt even sealed it looks like they just put a drop of glue on the gasket so it doesnt fall of when they assemble it together pretty useless in my opinion .

get some really good gasket silcon petrol resistant and smear on all gaskets both sides then re assemble it again , even for the sparkplug get some die electric grease and smear on the thread and in the plug boot.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Alpha Male
My Feedback: (11)

Thanks! I will start looking for air leaks around the gaskets, starting with the carb.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:54 AM
clubin

Check the cylinder base gasket, it might have partially blown it out. The exact thing happened to me.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:44 AM
bsrman14
Banned

first place to look for a air leak is around the carb. Second the cylinder.