Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Thinking about a mcd rally?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:53 AM
mcspanners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about a mcd rally?

Hi im thinking about getting an mcd rally car, what upgrades do they need out of the box, steel gears, alloy gear carrier ?? i currently own an fs racing onroad car which has been a bit of a nightmare so far

cheers Mark
Old 10-08-2008, 03:38 AM
dgav407

Default RE: Thinking about a mcd rally?

The fuel tank needs venting - simply drill a small hole in the cap and use a length of fuel tubing inserted in the cap and the other end routed out the back of the car. Make sure there is a fuel tank pick-up filter installed - http://www.kingcobra.co.uk/news/newsitem.php?id=667

Don't forget to remove the side windows and most of the rear window - it will spoil the look of the bodyshell but the engine will run significantly cooler.

I would recommend you install the 23t and 26t metal gears (replacing the 24t and 25t plastic ones) and use a high response clutch spring such as the red HPI one. An alloy gear carrier plate is a good upgrade but in it's not essential - unless you plan to race I would avoid buying any bling parts for it - they are not required.

For more MCD help and tips do a search for the MCDRC forum.

Clive

Old 10-08-2008, 03:39 AM
rckiwi

Great cars! have you been on the mcdrc forum? more info there I would think
Old 10-08-2008, 03:56 AM
mcspanners

ORIGINAL: dgav407

The fuel tank needs venting - simply drill a small hole in the cap and use a length of fuel tubing inserted in the cap and the other end routed out the back of the car. Make sure there is a fuel tank pick-up filter installed - http://www.kingcobra.co.uk/news/newsitem.php?id=667

Don't forget to remove the side windows and most of the rear window - it will spoil the look of the bodyshell but the engine will run significantly cooler.

I would recommend you install the 23t and 26t metal gears (replacing the 24t and 25t plastic ones) and use a high response clutch spring such as the red HPI one. An alloy gear carrier plate is a good upgrade but in it's not essential - unless you plan to race I would avoid buying any bling parts for it - they are not required.

For more MCD help and tips do a search for the MCDRC forum.

Clive

hey thanks for the info clive ,doesnt sound like they need much at all really cool!!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:00 AM
mcspanners

Will check it out thanks Bryan.