Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Servo mixing question!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 10:31 AM
borley1863

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo mixing question!

Hello as you might know i now have an MCD Monster truck, well in my Fg i got away with one steering servo but in this you need 2 which is fine as i have 2 hitec 5745mg servos.
But i don`t understand mixing i have them on the Y-lead and thats working fine both seem to be moving exactly the right distance left and right.
I tried mixing as i never have before on my Spektrum DX3R, i set primary and slave to steering and read the manual and tried negative and posite values and all this seems to do is adjust the travel! Is this all mixing is supposed to do? Because surely i can just do this with the travel adjustment option.
Any help in laymans terms would help as i have never used mixing before.
thanks in advance
Guy
Old 10-10-2008, 11:48 AM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo mixing question!

That servo mix your talking about is mostly for guys that have airplanes to make adjustments for there carb while in flight..Not sure
if applies to Cars,Trucks,buggys....AKA Slawhammer
Old 10-10-2008, 01:04 PM
borley1863

Hi, well in the instructions it does mention mixing 2 servos for steering largescale.
thanks
Guy
Old 10-10-2008, 01:16 PM
dgav407

You don't need steering mixing - simply plug the steering servos into the y-lead and just make sure the steering turnbuckles are equal length....it's worth upgrading the turnbuckles to the L/R threaded ones (149-3-DS-1) - as supplied with the truck to operate the brake.

Clive
Old 10-10-2008, 08:52 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I use the mixing when using an extra servo for the front brakes. This way this servo only works when I use the brakes. For steering I would use a y connector instead.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:40 PM
mooman007uk

ORIGINAL: SELWA

I use the mixing when using an extra servo for the front brakes. This way this servo only works when I use the brakes. For steering I would use a y connector instead.
Totally true, y connector for steering servos, I use 3rd channel mixing for my front hydros so i can adjust the front to rear brake bias.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:42 PM
jimjeep

Y harness is the simpler way to go and should work just fine. Mixing the third channel with the steering to aviod using a Y harness would only be useful to eliminate a single connector and wire trying to power two high torque servos. If this is really a concern you can always power the servos directly from the reciever battery and just run the signal wire to the reciever. Make sure to set a failsafe and be prepared to charge that pack often two 5745 servos suck down alot of juice! Good Luck.