Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

hpi 5T

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Centralrchobbies
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi 5T

Just ran the new HPI 5T today and WOW what a truck. As a hobby shop owner I have ran just about everything except 1/5 offroad and this thing is a like a truggy on steroids. Even though its 2wd it pulls hard out of the hole its fast and handles awesome plane stock oh yea and drifts really well in the dirt. When I pulled this out of the box could not believe how big it really is and was wondering what I got myself into as i thought it would be a big slow pig running around but after the first 5 seconds of running I was totally shocked and laughing my ass off about how fast and fun it is to drive 5T. I could forget all about nitro after today no tuning just a pullstart and go run for a 30 minutes without hastle. Just my opinion on this truck for those of you thinking about getting one it really is worth the money.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:14 PM
vertigo performance

Default RE: hpi 5T

I get mine next week.. too long if you ask me LOL!!
Old 10-25-2008, 06:34 AM
savagecommander

the 5t is just a baja with a bumper and dirt guards...... i think hpi really didnt try with that one. just look at it, its a 5b with a body shell. I'm glad you like it, i guess im just not as excited.....
Old 10-25-2008, 06:40 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: vertigo performance

I get mine next week.. too long if you ask me LOL!!
next week ? the hobby shop here in australia already has them on the shelf for sale . im not buying it lol i already have two baja5b's modded , and deciding what to get next , either a new FG MT for $2000 or $1750 for extractors for my 6lt v8 everyday driver , i want both lol eitherway its gonna be loud enough to wake the neighbours...

and yeah the 5T is just a 5B with a truck shell , and double ended main chassis so they could screw on bumperbar extensions front and back . after three years you would think they were going to come out with something totaly new and radical but nope , this new model they call it is just a 5b v2 that has been inspired with a bit of savage x parts thats it ...
Old 10-25-2008, 07:48 AM
reddog6625

Yepp
The 5t is like the 5b. Hpi went the same way as Fg did change a few parts and make a new model (low cost) and sell it for more dosh.
I don like the 5t bodyshell but the Pro line one is looking good. Rather i would go for the Pro Line one than to buy the 5t.
But that is just mi opinion.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:53 AM
773W
My Feedback: (1)

I like the 5t, I will be getting one in the near future. I think that there is a little more to it then just changing a few parts, otherwise you could just convert a 5b with minimal parts and no one would buy a 5t.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:24 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: jethead

Just ran the new HPI 5T today and WOW what a truck. As a hobby shop owner I have ran just about everything except 1/5 offroad and this thing is a like a truggy on steroids. Even though its 2wd it pulls hard out of the hole its fast and handles awesome plane stock oh yea and drifts really well in the dirt. When I pulled this out of the box could not believe how big it really is and was wondering what I got myself into as i thought it would be a big slow pig running around but after the first 5 seconds of running I was totally shocked and laughing my ass off about how fast and fun it is to drive 5T. I could forget all about nitro after today no tuning just a pullstart and go run for a 30 minutes without hastle. Just my opinion on this truck for those of you thinking about getting one it really is worth the money.

what no pics?
Old 10-25-2008, 11:50 AM
savagecommander

ORIGINAL: 773W

I like the 5t, I will be getting one in the near future. I think that there is a little more to it then just changing a few parts, otherwise you could just convert a 5b with minimal parts and no one would buy a 5t.
have you looked at the parts difference? there is only a slight difference and people are converting.....
Old 10-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

The 5T is based off of the 5B SS, not the 5B. The 5B SS received key upgrades that carried to the 5T. So, to compare the RTR 5B to the 5T is apples and oranges.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Dirby

think i will stick with thr Baja 5b.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:07 PM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

I got mine from large scale alloy. They are selling them for $1340 plus free shipping. They listed on another forum that they still have 4 left.

On another forum, they said there is a difference of about 60-70 part numbers so there is some differences to the two. The hpi 5t body will probably cost between $150-200 based on the size and other bodies that size.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Centralrchobbies
My Feedback: (7)

Sounds like they are pretty comparable but I have always been a truck guy thats why i never got the buggy version. It just a matter of opinion to which one appeals to you more.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:45 PM
jigawatt

it still lacks 4wd...

The way i see it, get a KM and throw on some upgrades, bigger tires and you've got a truck.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:02 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: jigawatt

it still lacks 4wd...

The way i see it, get a KM and throw on some upgrades, bigger tires and you've got a truck.
yeah its still lacks a 4WD , but imagine if they did make it 4WD , we wouldnt be paying $1340, it would probaly be close to $2000 and over . If hpi dont come out with a 4x4 next time i think alot of people is gonna give hpi a kick up the backside . And yep that proline bodyshell is the best looking i want to get one when i can , but im worried to scratch and scrape the roof in roll overs, what they should make is a steel outer rollcage
Old 10-25-2008, 06:15 PM
jigawatt

i do imagine if it were 4wd... and thanks to the imagination, its helping me put off from ever buying a 5T (more money in pocket for future rampage buggy mods!).

I've got a full house of R/C stuff as it is... serves me right i guess
Old 10-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Wicked!!
My Feedback: (5)

I think with the pro-line conversion coming out the 5T won't be a big seller.

Personally I think $1349.00 is allot of money for plastic. And that front bumper is hideous.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Mr Terminator

^^^^+1,the Proline kit will be a better option for current 5b/SS owners,I know i'll be getting one and making my own front truck style bumper bars to mod onto a Dark Soul or similar bumper....
Old 10-26-2008, 01:21 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: Mr Terminator

^^^^+1,the Proline kit will be a better option for current 5b/SS owners,I know i'll be getting one and making my own front truck style bumper bars to mod onto a Dark Soul or similar bumper....
you seen the bumper bars i made for mine ? i will be also able to make a truck style bumper too , but i need to get the proline body first for measurements
Old 10-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Wicked!!
My Feedback: (5)

Yea I am anxious to see how big that body is. I saw a picture of the a dood holding a 5T and the body looks HUGE. I hope that the pro-line one is not as big, just so that the bumpers I have now a DS and my rear modified can stil be used.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:53 AM
TurtleRacing

We got ours Thursday and all I can say is WOW!! Bought it for my wife, now I think I'm gonna get one for me