Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat Rampage Vs. MCD MT

Hi,

Is there a difference between the MCD MT to the Redcat rampage MT from their spec perspective & from the way that they are build? I know that the MCD is probably made in a better quality but is there a different in the way they are build & in the basic functioning, like different differential type, different transmissions type, belt $WD Vs. Shaft 4WD, etc?

Thank,
    Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv64783.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	1062717   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av70040.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	1062718  
    Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time = Don’t bash your car if you can’t wait for parts :-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Rampage Vs. MCD MT

Just buy the MCD.
    Nutech Mega Monster - Aluminum FG MB - HPI 5T - HPI 5b - I own two Redcat\'\'\'\'s too, but don\'\'\'\'t ask.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One difference is that Redcat has a solid center gearline. MCD has the ceenter diff.
    Owner of RAMTech-RC, HPIBajaForum, Losi5iveForum, RedcatRampageForum and 2StrokeRacer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What is the difference between the competition version to the SE version to the Sport version of the MCD MT? couldn't find that...
    Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time = Don’t bash your car if you can’t wait for parts :-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the limited edition reatails for ÂŁ999.00 and it says sports on the box and it has a 29cc CY engine with billet head.
    This is the lint to the speceual edition/limited edition
    http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...=BiggerPicture
    Thanks
    Guy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

MCD hands down.
    RCUniverse.com | Wattflyer.com | RCUvideos.com

There is nothing to compare the two.

The Red cat/Rampage is a great design for the money , but expect to change and upgrade a few things.
    The whole MCD line is built with quality in mind and nothing is lacking with this out of the box ,there are many upgrades you can do, but most of these are not made because of weak point, there made specifically to add the bling factor.

The bottom line is you get what you pay for.

Good luck
    Pro 5th scale Distributors<br>Contrast / Hörmann / Samba / VRC / HPI / FG / PMT / MCD & more!<br>

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you get the newest MCD you will have a much better steering system, because the center of rotation is inside of the wheel, which means you need less power to turn the tires, which will reduces the stress of the servos = longer life and your steering will be much quicker.

You will have the much stronger front and rear (see underneath) 2008 version differential in the MCD, allso the new hinge pin suspension.

Competition:
    # fully working rear differential
    # brake pads made of sintered metal
    # front and rear stabilizers
    # selflocking wheel nuts
    # spare parts worth about 150$

Sport:
    # locked rear differential
    # standard shocks ( I'm not sure if they are already selling the non adjustable shocks?)
    # brake pads made of glass fiber reinforced plastic
    # no spare parts

There could be more what is not included in the Sport Version like the red rubber cover from the battery box but it is changing very fast since MCD always improve there cars.
    www.Baja1000.de
    4WD 1/5th Scale Gas Powered Racing Pro Truck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you all,

I know that the MCD is probably better but it is much more expensive, Silversteel, I am thinking of purchasing that model it is the SE edition, any suggestions on that one? is it more like the sport edition or the competition edition? What’s its downside in compare to the other ones? in other word is the SE model is better than the sport or the competition edition or less?

Thank you!

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...=BiggerPicture

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Beside that this is out of stock, it is a mixture between the comp and the sport.
    It has the sintered metal brake pads, the front bumper ( I think this is also missing in the sport version) and it has a 29ccm engine also it is "only" a CY. Main missing part to the comp version is the rear differential, this one has a locked rear diff.
    But you can't go wrong with this "toy".
    www.Baja1000.de
    4WD 1/5th Scale Gas Powered Racing Pro Truck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

does the redcat have that stupid rosejoint suspension arm mount or the forked shockends

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm pretty sure the Rampage does NOT have forks on the shock, but I could be wrong so let someone else verify that

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks again silversteel! so the only significant difference I see is the rear differential, can you elaborate more on “locked rear differential” vs “fully working rear differential”, I am not sure what is the difference between these???

Regarding the engine I am quite sure that this CY29RC engine is better than the Zenoah G260RC or G270RC, both Zenoah have 3HP while the CY has 3.75HP, they are both about the same price a Zenoah with 3.75HP like the Zenoah G230RC with porting will cost much more… so I guess the CY is a good deal, isn’t it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd the Zenoah over the CY any day.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sheograth

I'd the Zenoah over the CY any day.
    Me too, if the Zen doesn't have enough oomph, upgrade the cylinder with a ported one.
    Nutech Mega Monster - Aluminum FG MB - HPI 5T - HPI 5b - I own two Redcat\'\'\'\'s too, but don\'\'\'\'t ask.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am sure that the Zenoah is better (I have one on my FG MT…), still for the same price I can get a CY with more power so I think it is a better deal… I am familiar with the CYs and they are fairly good.

Can anyone direct me to some material on “locked rear differential” vs “fully working rear differential” I couldn’t find any & I couldn’t find any MCD specs that specify the difference between the sport model to the special edition to the competition edition, their website is really limited!

Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What upgrades are a “must” for the Redcat Rampage? I mean beside of course a bigger engine.

Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tom111

What upgrades are a “must” for the Redcat Rampage? I mean beside of course a bigger engine.

Thanks.
    For the Rampage I would upgrade the shocks with Phatdad Bajampage shock kits or do the 5B ss shock fix. A tuned pipe and some HPI red clutch springs will be a big improvement even with the 23cc engine. Some MCD gears would probably be a good idea too. I have done a few other upgrades on mine, but I think the ones I mentioned should make it reliable.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is the Redcat stock gears are plastic or metal? How about the MCD does it come with metal gears? And does the transmission have 2 speed gears or one?

Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Difference between a MCD lock diff and a std type diff is... Lock diff is basicly no diff action so both wheels always spin at same speed, std diff is the same as a normal 1:1 car if one wheel comes off the ground all the power will go to that wheel, commonly known as diffing out. Both MCD and Ramps come std plastic gears but should last for sometime if only used on dirt, steel gears available for both makes and I am pretty sure will interchange.

But as far as which car if you can stretch your budget to a MCD then get that! and go with the new Zen G27RC engine over the CY29

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The MCD uses all plastic gears, but you can upgrade all the gears to steel, here is mine.
    stock

all steel gears

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tom111, like i say that link is the same MT i have got it was bought in August and i got a great deal from ebay it hadn`t been started, any way the sticker on the box says WMT (widemonstertruck) EVO3 Sport.
    Special Edition is because it has the CY 29cc engine and it might be because of the painted body mine is exactly the same blue body in the picture.
    Thanks
    Guy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Clubin what gear carrier is that and what steel gear ratio are you running? i`m a bit unsure what gear ratio i should have on the Monster TRuck, i think there is a 24 and 25 in there.
    I just relised i think it`s the new vertigo one. so are they selling these now? as i did put my name down with them so i would be told when they are released.
    Thanks again
    Guy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you all, so it seems like the lock diff is a castrated version of the standard diff, can it be that any of the versions of the MCD MT comes with a lock diff instead of standard diff? it makes much more sense of having a standard diff & shift all the power to the wheel that is on the ground.

Can you elaborate on the gears construction? Till now I had in my fg one pinion that is connected to the clutch bell, this pinion is connected to a spur than spins the rear wheels, but in all the 4wd truck I see the pinion & the spur but another set of 2 gears in the middle, what does it have 2 gears? Is it a 2 speed gear transmission?

Thanks!
    Tom

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i'm guessing that mcd needed more room between the engine and the center diff. so they used another set of gears.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast