Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Got it today TQ BUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:36 PM
popsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got it today TQ BUGGY

Hi All,

Finally it arrived at my door, shipping was fast 4 days... I had order it from V*TEC on e-bay.

At first I thought it was going to be a SQ Shengqi, then after reading everybody I really thought it was going KM. But guess what ?? it has nothing written on the box, on the manual it says THANK YOU FOR SELECTING TQ racing buggy... WOW how many companies make those clones lol.

In the manual it says YOU CAN CONTACT US ON INTERNET www.dzypower.com The site doesn't work.... on the manual it is written DZY

ONE QUESTION....

I opened the box, put it on the table...... and it doesn't move freely ... is that normal???
I have to push it hard to have to roll, and then it seems to brake, you can hear the tire screams..

If not normal, what should i look for ? Help would be appreciated.

Popsy

Old 11-03-2008, 02:03 PM
mbe301

Default RE: Got it today TQ BUGGY

Mine had the same thing, but seemed to loosen up after a couple of runs. With these clones it's a good idea to strip them down and rebuild to find any problems with them. You'll need to do the things in the other post you had. If the brakes are off and the tires still don't turn well (feels like a lot of resistance, or hard to push, should be easy to roll) You'll want to check the diff. It might be a pain to get at, but better to check it now before something messes up. These are far from the quality and build of an HPI, but the fixes are pretty easy and you'll learn the buggy along the way. Read the KM thread, alot of what's in there applies to these also.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:03 PM
borley1863

I don`t realy understand your post or is it me being thick, what have you bought?
Guy
Old 11-03-2008, 02:21 PM
popsy

I just got it today, it is a TQ... well thats what it says in the manual. I will post pics when i figure out how..

Popsy
Old 11-03-2008, 02:48 PM
popsy

here are some pics of the clone TQ brand and my collection.

[img=http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9529/dscf0041ck4.th.jpg][img=http://img128.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif]

[img=http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5803/dscf0042la1.jpg]
[img=http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/dscf0042la1.jpg/1/w1280.png]

Old 11-03-2008, 03:12 PM
popsy

In the manual it says 23 cc fuelie engine part # 15401, and carby wt-527-1 # 15460. Are those same sa HPI ?? you guys tell me..
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 PM
mbe301

I think the manual is almost an exact copy of the HPI one (Exept where it shows the air filter is about the only difference)
Old 11-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: popsy

In the manual it says YOU CAN CONTACT US ON INTERNET www.dzypower.com The site doesn't work.... on the manual it is written DZY

Popsy
BE AWARE!This site was blocked by my computers security/virusprogramme,it says in the warning that "this is a site which tries to install programs that steals private information and destroys the content on your pc"
Old 11-03-2008, 04:17 PM
davido666

First thing you will want to do is replace the air filter. The filter is garbage. I bought the hummer from v-tec and when I looked at the air filter you can see through it easily. It won't keep out small particles. Get a good 2 stage filter fast.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:58 PM
popsy

Lars, Thank u, I will erase that link from my pc.

Davido666, I am thankfull for your advice. I will do so in regards of air filter.

Right now i am trying to figure out why this buggy won't move freely on the table..... I havenT started it up yet, but gosh is it ever stiff. I have turned the wheels by hand , and it turns. but when trying it to roll , it just won't. Sorry guys for my broken written English and writting mistakes. Québec here everything is french Canadian, but still try hard.

Best regards all

Popsy
Old 11-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Mr Terminator

I thought the TQ was a Shenqi,maybe i'm wrong...
Old 11-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Bratch96

ORIGINAL: Mr Terminator

I thought the TQ was a Shenqi,maybe i'm wrong...

I thought it was too. I thought it had to do with the Chinese to rest of the world translation.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Mr Terminator

Well Shenqi use the TQ initials with the Hummer and i've seen mention before that its the Shenqi TQ Baja on Oversize RC's site as they sell them,the engines are the DZY 23cc same as in the Hummer but it says the Hummers engine is DZY 26cc,not sure about the cc's but definately DZY motors that are a clone of the already cloned CY....