Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Axle extender for Firehammer MT

Old 11-10-2008, 10:13 PM
mbe301

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle extender for Firehammer MT

Is there one? Tons for the baja.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:02 PM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Axle extender for Firehammer MT

I've not heard of firehammer or fg axle extenders pur se, however it can be done.... for the front axle it's easy you can use the elcon extra long axles and the 24mm wheel square which gives 10mm extra a side (assuming firehammer standard squares are 14mm like fg).

For the rear is a bit tougher, no rear long axles except that I have a pair of worn out long rear ball drive axles that are 10mm longer than fg standard ones: I got em with ball drive set off i ordered for my baja off ebay but the axles were too long , the shafts were the medium length fg ones that are 91mm which fits some fg touring cars so they maybe from one of those but I can't find em on hobbythek's website, so I'm lost, and they have everything.
So if some else here knows what they're from and posts here then you would have to buy an fg diff, ball drive diff drives. shafts and longer axles and then use the elcon 24mm wheel squares again to get a 20mm wider rear track overall.... cost over 200bucks

It would be easier and way cheaper to buddy up with someone who works at a machine shop or has access to a lathe and milling machine to make you some adapters.