Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

DURATRAX MT SERVO BATTERY

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:20 PM
dambull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DURATRAX MT SERVO BATTERY

JUST RAN MY FIREHAMMER FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY.ONLY LASTED ABOUT 4 MINUTES BEFORE THE SERVO ARM BROKE WHICH CAUSED THE THROTTLE TO STICK WIDE OPEN,SLAMMED INTO A POST. FRONTEND NEEDS FIXED NOW. BUT ANYWAYS HAS ANYBODY HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE SERVO BATTERIES? I HAVE TRIED TO GET IT OUT THREE OTHER TIMES AND BEFORE I COULD GET IT STARTED THE SERVO BATTERIES WENT DEAD. SO I BOUGHT A NEW BATTERY TODAY AND IT LASTED JUST PAST THE CRASH. OR CAUSED IT? MAYBEE TO MUCH TORQUE? ANY HELP?[]
Old 11-12-2008, 09:02 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: DURATRAX MT SERVO BATTERY

ORIGINAL: dambull

JUST RAN MY FIREHAMMER FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY.ONLY LASTED ABOUT 4 MINUTES BEFORE THE SERVO ARM BROKE WHICH CAUSED THE THROTTLE TO STICK WIDE OPEN,SLAMMED INTO A POST. FRONTEND NEEDS FIXED NOW. BUT ANYWAYS HAS ANYBODY HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE SERVO BATTERIES? I HAVE TRIED TO GET IT OUT THREE OTHER TIMES AND BEFORE I COULD GET IT STARTED THE SERVO BATTERIES WENT DEAD. SO I BOUGHT A NEW BATTERY TODAY AND IT LASTED JUST PAST THE CRASH. OR CAUSED IT? MAYBEE TO MUCH TORQUE? ANY HELP?[]
Welcome dambull!

When I originally bought mine, I used the supply slow charger. The thing is total crap. Throw the charger away and get a good peak charger. I found that the battery I purchased was actually fine after using a peak charger.

This one:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=DYN4044

or this one if you want to go cheaper (i have this one, no problems):

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=DYN4056

About your servo arm.....I'm not sure what would have caused it to break unless there was a really serious bind. Can you post some pics? I'd be curious to see how and where the arm broke.

Please don't type in all CAPS. You'll get some people here freakin out about that!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:26 PM
dambull

csp1971 Thanks for the cap loc info im a one finger typer so its just easier lol. As far as the charger i bought one of those today also. And a new battery. Went dead in 4 min. As far as pictures go not that good on a computer but the servo arm broke on the brake side.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:37 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dambull

csp1971 Thanks for the cap loc info im a one finger typer so its just easier lol. As far as the charger i bought one of those today also. And a new battery. Went dead in 4 min. As far as pictures go not that good on a computer but the servo arm broke on the brake side.

The 4 min time sounds just like what mine did when I first charged it. Then I thought I didn't charge it long enough. So 24 hours later, same thing.

I'm trying to think of why the servo arm would just break like it did.
Did you buy new or used?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:05 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you have for your new battery?6 volt what mah? You have too condition the battery..charge it full ,,discharge it with a lite bulb 12 volt tail tile bulb will work fine..tell dead..recharge battery again
you have to do this 3 times..before you use it..to get the best out of you battery..Did you set you failsafe with TX?not sure about your servo arm braking..maybe EPA not set and servo is
pushing to hold max torque and broke the arm....jsut a few things to think about....AKA Slawhammer
Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 PM
tiemac

I bought a Firehammer MT and battery last only 10-15 min. I called Duramax and they said that was normal. Box said run times of thirty minutes on a tank of gas, yea if you buy two or three new batterys. I would think for close to 900.00 they could throw in a decent battery.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:52 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well 6 volts is fine ..but need more mah to have longer run time....They had to make some things less expensive ..or you could
not afford to buy one...Lot of poeple with firehammers in the forum to help ya out..just ask.....AKASlawhammer