Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Carson 1:5th Mustang GT RTR

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 04:53 AM
dsales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carson 1:5th Mustang GT RTR

Does anyone know about this [link=http://modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=31521]car[/link], ive only just found it and im wondering if its any good. It just seems too cheap...
Old 12-13-2008, 06:37 AM
hellya

Default RE: Carson 1:5th Mustang GT RTR

Carson is made by smartech.................all are very nice machines...they been make 1/5 vehicles for a long time

check out their new 4x4 Truck http://rc-car-online.de/crt44_video.wmv

Old 12-14-2008, 10:47 AM
dsales

ok, i may buy it for christmas then but where can i get spare parts for it? and are its parts exchangeble with any other makes such as FG?
Old 12-14-2008, 01:28 PM
SAVAGEJIM

From that very same site you bought it from, I reckon. Or, alternatively, you can order your parts directly form china, from smartech/nutech. All you haev to do is use the contact info printed in your owner's manual
Old 12-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Vette09

Most of the main consumable parts are interchangeable with FG. The front and rear arms, hinge pins, ball joints and so on. I think the only FG parts that don't fit are the motor mounts.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:43 PM
ophirw

Hi dsales,

I have Smartech's Bigfoot & Titan, from my experience they are very durable. As for parts that is a bit tricky since there is no dealer that holds all the Smartech parts.
One dealer that does hold some stock is: www.oversizerc.com & you can find any part by searching the part's name & discription or serial number (according to you hand book).
I found one Chinese web site (I dont have the URL) that had all the Smartech parts enlisted & I think it belongs to the Smartech company but I never managed to order from them, they just cant communicate.
I have never seen the Carson but I can tell you that the Bigfoot is the same truck as the DuraTrax FireHammer so I just buy DuraTrax parts.

It looks like the FG parts are the same but they are not, my best friend has a FG monster truck (you can search his trucks pics in the forum, his name is tom111) and we checked the interchangeability & although most parts are very much alike they are not the same, you better check the dimensions of the parts before you buy them.

One last thing, it is depends whether you have the 4WD or the 2WD car since they are different cars & will have different parts.

I just bought a set of FG front disc brakes & they should fit but I will probably need to have some adjustments made on them.

have fun with your new car:-)
Old 12-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Vette09

I don't know about the monster trucks and buggys, but I know for a fact that FG arms and most other parts are compatible with the ON-ROAD 2wd Smartech and Carson cars. A few guys at our track have them and I've given them lots of spare parts that were all FG and they fit.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:34 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: Vette09

I don't know about the monster trucks and buggys, but I know for a fact that FG arms and most other parts are compatible with the ON-ROAD 2wd Smartech and Carson cars. A few guys at our track have them and I've given them lots of spare parts that were all FG and they fit.
Exactly...if you want or need parts for the Carson.... FG parts works on 95% of the vehicle

Just like the smartech traveller which is also the Firehammer..........all made by the same manufacturer.......I used FG parts in my Firehammer/Traveller

Old 12-15-2008, 02:45 AM
Smartechracing

ORIGINAL: dsales

ok, i may buy it for christmas then but where can i get spare parts for it? and are its parts exchangeble with any other makes such as FG?
hey! if u can't find any parts near u, u can try the below shops for parts:

Germany: Hobbythek RC-Car-Shop: http://www.rc-car-online.de

Greece: Model House Εiδn Movteniσφοú: www.modelhouse.gr

Danmark: Interware: http://www.interware.dk/catalog

that is the 3 service center in EU now, 2009 there will be more.

of course, none of them have the parts, u can always contact our sales person in China office:

[email protected] or [email protected]

Old 12-15-2008, 03:52 AM
Mr Terminator

I was looking at the Carsom Mustang myself,looks like a great deal to be honest and Modelsport UK very rarely stock rubbish,for £399 it looks like a good buy and Hobbythek in Germany have all spares for Smartech/Carson models and are great to deal with aswell as answering emails very quickly and professionally....
Old 12-15-2008, 04:32 AM
dsales

wow, thanks for all the help guys, I shall order one later today!
Old 12-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good budget cars, no worries on parts. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 12-15-2008, 06:59 PM
dsales

im ok with spare parts now, i called modelsport and they said i can order everything in through them even though they dont have the spare parts listed on their website
Old 12-16-2008, 03:39 AM
dsales

One more question guys... Can you do break in with synthetic oil rather than castor oil?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:28 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It won't make any difference imo, it's not going to be a performance motor in the car. Break it in with a standard 25:1 mix of a high quality oil. To be totally honest, I don't even know what kind of oil the Panolin I use is, it's recommended by FG so its good enough for me. Not something to worry about.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:02 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hey i have a carson onroad car thread here also and i love it,i am very happy with it..

check out my thread here (carson onroad tested to the max)

lovely machine with some small upgrades its very bullet proff,the engines are very fast 23cc solos are up there with some of the best....the solo engine to the best my knowlage is built by fg in germany.

dc2 man....