RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Zenoah G26 rebuild questions?

Old 12-20-2008, 08:53 PM
srttruck

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Zenoah G26 rebuild questions?

Ok,, I have a zenoah g26 that has lost compression. What is going to be the best top end kit that will give me of course more power and be reliable. My motor currently is stock except outerwears and I have a fg tuned pipe on it. The car is an FG Leopard race.
Also who is the best to buy from?
Thanks For the input in advance.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:00 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Zenoah G26 rebuild questions?

you can find just about anything cy or zen here: [link=http://davesmotors.com]davesmotors.com[/link]

if were happy with the engine's power, just get a replacement head kit. if you want more power, get one of the bigger bore head kits there. you might get a little more power with a cy29cc headkit.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:25 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: srttruck

Ok,, I have a zenoah g26 that has lost compression. What is going to be the best top end kit that will give me of course more power and be reliable. My motor currently is stock except outerwears and I have a fg tuned pipe on it. The car is an FG Leopard race.
Also who is the best to buy from?
Thanks For the input in advance.
first off take it apart and see it might just need a piston ring , if you choose too get a new top end get a race ported 25.4 in your leopard .. seeing you in Ca give oniel bro a shout they do great work along with ESP through Daves .. http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/...p_cylinder.htm
Old 12-20-2008, 10:31 PM
srttruck

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm going to take it apart tomorrow and let you know exactly whats going on. I changed oils (went with redline @ 26:1)) and it ran to lean. light grey plug with little bb's attached to it
Old 12-21-2008, 12:35 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah, it sounds like you ran it too lean, or on teh lean side for extended periods. You of course want to richen up some to correct teh problem and your plug residue should to begin to show normal mixture burning signs.

I do not know if the lean running is teh culprit of your ring wear and/o your compression loss, but if you replace teh entire head with a larger bore one, that will definitely take care of teh compression problem (at least until the cause of the wear is still festering elsewhere in the engine).

If you do go with a new head and piston, once you have your gasket and head in place, be sure to make sure your squish height is in the correct height range.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:23 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I should also add: I found this information and learned so much more about rebuilding our model gasser engines from watching tehse rebuild vids from FastEddy and DarkSoul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0aFZ1ACrsE

There are 9 total vids, and these are very excellent tutorials.

I wish FastEddy and DarkSoul still hung out here in RCU, but it appears they were driven away []

These guys could educate us all so much more about 5th scales rebuilding, upgrading, and modding these engines.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:07 AM
splcrazy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

how many tanks of fuel did it use untill it lost compression ? . if your looking for insane power on a topend only i would use a esp raceported head with a stuffed crank , and zero engine drag seals in brass . if you want to go for the real deal of insane power i would drop in a trevor simpson induction crankcase with a stuffed crank and a $19 35mm cy head from DDM then raceport that head , if you do that the insane amount of power will put a big smile on your face lol
Old 12-21-2008, 09:09 PM
srttruck

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i tore the engine down tonight. The cylinder and piston are free from scratches,. I am wondering about the ring gap on the piston and the ring. Does anyone know how wide the ring is supossed to be? Whats a better piston in a stock head the cy or zenoah?
Old 12-21-2008, 09:46 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

then just replace the ring if you were happy before ? as for the ring gap i dont have number for you i think i read it somewhere ..
Old 12-21-2008, 09:48 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The gap? I'm not sure at all. When not under tension, about a mm? Ane installed, maybe less than half a mm as teh ring expands to meet the cylinder walls? That is a good question, I never bothered to measure that gap, I just installed teh piston into teh cylinder.

As for a piston, I think you buy the head and piston together as a unit. If ou can buy the piston separately, make sure you buy the one with the correct diameter for bore of your cylinder head.

The bore of teh Zen 23cc is 32mm. The bore for a Zen 26cc is 34mm. So for you engine displacement, go for the respective pats that would fit teh respective diameters.

As for teh Chang Yangs, I think they are dimensionally cloned directly off of the Zen, but before you take my word on that, be sure to research it yourself.