Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

who else makes 1\5 trucks,cars and buggies?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

who else makes 1\5 trucks,cars and buggies?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 01:19 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who else makes 1\5 trucks,cars and buggies?

aside from hpi,fg and mcd who else makes them?which of them have good parts support?
Old 12-26-2008, 01:27 AM
speedy.d

Default RE: who else makes 1\5 trucks,cars and buggies?

redcat racing excellent support, imex (fs) major company backing, smatech been around forever. the rampage by redcat is an awsome value
Old 12-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

What are you looking for?
On road or Off road?

Car, truck or buggy?

There are many good manufactures that make 1/5th & 1/6th scale gas RC's, depending what your preference is.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:01 AM
syphon68

You forgot about duratrax. the Firehammer MT and Buggy. I am not sure how they are but they are out there.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:57 AM
kenazzo2000

carson make 1/5 cars there tamiya i just got one 2 days ago
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34143.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1096842  
Old 12-26-2008, 11:08 AM
speedy.d

smartech and duratrax are the same they are an fg copy,for some reason people dont give them the bad rap that other clones seem to get. some say it is due to being sold by tower hobbies (great planes). H.A.R.M. , carson, smartech and the firehammar series are all fg copies. the king motor baja is an hpi 5b copy. and imex is marketing the fs cars they are an mcd copy. some people think the clones are wrong or that they are junk. there are other threads here to check out on those subjects. any of these cars can be made into good cars. but the more you can spend the better quality of car you are going to get. also look out for some of these peolpe that are selling imported cars. it is better to deal with a respected seller largescalerc offers good prices on the rampage and hpi and they can pre modify your car how you want it. also imex sells the fs series wuth great prices factory support, and great customer service. just take the time to read some of the other threads here and you should be able to make a wise investment.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:58 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Hi Badboy, glad to see you making the jump. I like both the HPI for 2wd and the Rampage for 4x4. Give me a call if you have questions about the Rampage.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Apache-

Lauterbacher, Elcon Models, RS5, Harm, Kamatiro, Contrast, Hoermann, J&R, Lightscale, Woldt, Crojet to name a few large scale car builders.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:57 PM
carty

Dont forget Hsp who make all those Redcats!!
Old 12-26-2008, 03:00 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

He is in the US, he can only get Redcat here.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:25 PM
bhcvc

I recently got a Duratrax Firehammer (Smartech) and think it's great so far. I also like the domestic support from both Tower and Duratrax. I'm one of those that are thankful there are "clone" brands as there would be absolutely no way for me to get into 1/5 or 1/6 scale without them (no way I'd ever have $1500 to spend on an RC, and I've wanted a 1/5 scale for 20+ years). I'm hoping to pick up a Rampage or Smartech 4x4 someday, but that won't be for many years, if ever. I really like the upcoming Smartech Thunderbolt 2.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:37 PM
funrc1988

Do you have a link for Hsp ?
Old 12-26-2008, 09:07 PM
clubin

ORIGINAL: funrc1988

Do you have a link for Hsp ?
This is where to buy: http://www.rampagehopups.com/main.sc?categoryId=1

Redcat forum: http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/index.php
Old 12-26-2008, 09:21 PM
hellya

the Redcat 1/5 vehicles are just as much a MCD clone as FS brand of vehicles

The firehammer/smartech has been in the 1/5 business for alot of years...

Now Smartech have their own vehicles with their own drive systems and they produce their own engines too
Old 12-27-2008, 02:00 AM
badboy2

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Hi Badboy, glad to see you making the jump. I like both the HPI for 2wd and the Rampage for 4x4. Give me a call if you have questions about the Rampage.
i saw some recommendation for the rampage.is that a good truck?i mean its not like a generic truck right?coz im not familiar with redcat brand i never heard of them..can u get parts easily?right now im looking at hpi only because its hpi.mcd and fg are too much for me money wise.i saw the imex truck and the smart tech one ,they look good but im just worried that if i break a part i wont be able to buy it somewhere.i dont care if i can only buy online as long as they have something online for these brands.like the stock parts or hop ups that actually fits them like wheels,pipes or bodies..[/quote]
Old 12-27-2008, 03:25 AM
hellya

ORIGINAL: badboy2

i saw some recommendation for the rampage.is that a good truck?i mean its not like a generic truck right?coz im not familiar with redcat brand i never heard of them..can u get parts easily?right now im looking at hpi only because its hpi.mcd and fg are too much for me money wise.i saw the imex truck and the smart tech one ,they look good but im just worried that if i break a part i wont be able to buy it somewhere.i dont care if i can only buy online as long as they have something online for these brands.like the stock parts or hop ups that actually fits them like wheels,pipes or bodies..
[/quote]

The redcat rampage has good support for stock parts and some of the baja aftermarket manufactures make some hopups for the rampage.

you can buy anything you need from here www.rampagehopups.com

We have a forum just for the Rampage... www.redcatrampageforum.com

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86615.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	1097285  
Old 12-27-2008, 05:10 PM
speedy.d

imex will have any fs part you need and they have good pricing and great customer service. the rampages also have decent amount of parts support. if you buy an fs i would strongly recomend buying from imex as they have been in the rc industry longer than most of these large scale cars have been around. having companies like hpi, redcat(himoto),duratrax and imex is great for us, becuase the parts we need are there. personally i have an imex buggy that has been turned into a baja 1000 clone. reliability? i have yet to buy 1 part for it, but i do keep it clean (after running it) and check to make sure everything is still tight.(good advice for any rc but crucial for large scale stuff. i am running a 26 cy for now and plan on going up to at least 28.5. good luck on finding large scale. once you go gas its a blast!
Old 12-27-2008, 05:24 PM
speedy.d

btw the redcat has more parts unique to itself than the fs does. if for some reason redcat stops importing you could be stuck with a few hard to find parts for the most part with the fs your parts are almost an exact copy of mcd gen 1 parts only the gears and shafts are not the same as mcd. dont think that i am trying to say one is actually better than the other. but they are different. my next car is going to be a redcat rampage tt5 with 28.5. the nice thing about these less expensive cars is after buying my imex and the new redcat i still havent spent as much as would have for an equally equiped mcd or even fg for that matter. another thing to think about is drivetrain, when you ran smaller cars were they 2wd or 4wd whatever your preference was i would stay with it
Old 12-27-2008, 05:29 PM
speedy.d

largescalerc.com can answer any questions you would have on the redcat they sell more than just redcat so they will give you a straight answer and they will also build the car to whatever level you want they are the best
Old 12-29-2008, 01:01 AM
badboy2

hellya! that rampage looks nice.can those 28cc engine fit in the rampage?what do u think about the plastic parts of the rampage.btw as i was searching for redcat info i stumbled upon rampage rally.i think it looks good as the baja 5t which is ive been eyeing but as of now 1300 is too much for me.what im scared of is what speedy said,when they stop making parts for them ,then we'll have problem lookin for parts.i looked on the LSRC website and i see some parts but idk,its still making me think twice.but so far im impressed on the redcat trucks since they come 4wd.
about the imex i cant find parts for their FS trucks\buggies in their website,but not sure if im searchin correctly.
i might wait for the rampage rally since it looks like the style i want and its 4wd.unless i find a good deal on a baja 5t or 5b..
Old 12-29-2008, 05:48 PM
speedy.d

imex has been giving their site a face lift give them a call ask for brad he IS the man. they have every part you need for the fs and if you can't find what you need from fs largescalerc is the main US distrubutor for mcd in the US they will have anything you need at any time you need it.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:47 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: speedy.d

imex has been giving their site a face lift give them a call ask for brad he IS the man. they have every part you need for the fs and if you can't find what you need from fs largescalerc is the main US distrubutor for mcd in the US they will have anything you need at any time you need it.
Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2008, 11:49 PM
speedy.d

good one!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:32 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

ORIGINAL: badboy2

i saw some recommendation for the rampage.is that a good truck?i mean its not like a generic truck right?coz im not familiar with redcat brand i never heard of them..can u get parts easily?right now im looking at hpi only because its hpi.mcd and fg are too much for me money wise.i saw the imex truck and the smart tech one ,they look good but im just worried that if i break a part i wont be able to buy it somewhere.i dont care if i can only buy online as long as they have something online for these brands.like the stock parts or hop ups that actually fits them like wheels,pipes or bodies..
[/quote]

There are more of the aftermarket guys coming into the Rampage world now. I think you have your answer already though. Don't be fooled by fancy websites, it just adds to the bottom line.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:01 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: hellya

ORIGINAL: speedy.d

lol