Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Wheelbase Extension to Convert Monster Truck into Trophy / Baja Truck Possible?

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Wheelbase Extension to Convert Monster Truck into Trophy / Baja Truck Possible?

Old 12-28-2008, 01:56 PM
keithrph1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelbase Extension to Convert Monster Truck into Trophy / Baja Truck Possible?

I really like the longer wheelbase of the HPI 5T and the MCD Baja 1000. Has anyone every tried to modify the chassis and drive shaft of a 1/5 scale monster truck into a longer wheelbase 4x4 trophy/Baja truck? Could the wheelbase be extended by cutting the chassis and fitting an extension piece and then adapting a longer drive shaft? If you have done such a project please post pictures/parts and how you did it. I am considering trying to do this with my Hurricane C5. It seems like the MCD or HPI 5T body could be adapted as well.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:01 PM
pwaicon

Default RE: Wheelbase Extension to Convert Monster Truck into Trophy / Baja Truck Possible?

The MCD Baja1000 body will fit the Hurricane C5 without having to extend the chassis. I am not sure about the Baja5T body though. The MCD Baja has a wheelbase of 510mm which is shorter than the Hurricane C5’s 520mm wheelbase. I believe the wheelbase of the HPI Baja 5T is 570mm, which is considerably longer than both the MCD and the Hurricane C5. As for extending the chassis I have never done that, good luck on your mod and let us know how it goes.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:34 PM
part-time
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Wheelbase Extension to Convert Monster Truck into Trophy / Baja Truck Possible?

there is something like you are looking for on ebay right now.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont know if this will help you out or if it is of relevancy but here is what i did when i rebuilt my FG Marder to onroad,this was before i knew i could by a new chassiplate with 535 mm wheelbaseI simply cut it in half using a jigsaw and made an extensionplate with the same shape,and screwed it together again.If i was going to use this offroad i would have welded the piece in,but as it is for onroad use and no jumping i thought it was enough screwing it together
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62057.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1098344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37161.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1098345   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84264.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	54.7 KB