Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

using JRXS3 radio combo in baja ss

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

using JRXS3 radio combo in baja ss

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
hasslesnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default using JRXS3 radio combo in baja ss

hi all, just finished building the baja ss kit and was looking at the JRxs3 tx/rx combo as a 3 channel radio unit (wife put me on budget after purchase) so i can incorporate a pico/mod failsafe (ddm). has anyone had experience with theses in a 1/5 or baja at all.

this is the synthesised unit and also comes with 2 servos, but i will still be using the hpi spl-10 as the steering and only using the throttle brake servo. i believe this combo should work for the failsafe and it will only be used for bashing in the dunes.

cheers
Old 12-29-2008, 03:46 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: using JRXS3 radio combo in baja ss

I personally have not had any experience in using JR radios, but one of my friends who uses one for on-road racing swears by JR.
He has one with multi-model memory and uses that one radio to run all of his RCs, bashers, racers, on-road, and off road RCs. I dont know how old his radio system is, but I know that is teh same one he has been using since I knew him about 4 or 5 yrs ago.

As for the Servos, JR makes great servos, very reliable and and they survived some serious jolts from crashes and all.

Even though I am not speaking from direct experience of JR radio sets, I can at least guess and say that they would make great radio gear for your 5B SS kit
Old 12-29-2008, 09:10 PM
str8jailbird

Actually I am running the same set up. Had the LST2 and it came with the XS3. I installed a Hitec 7955TG for the throttle/brake because I also added the Integy front brake kit. I am running the Dynamite race Guard failsafe and it has a few issues. I get some glitching (very minor) with the failsafe and compared to the Dynamite micro failsafe that I installed in the LST2 it doesn't perform quite as well. Again it is very minor but I don't race so that would be an issue if you plan on serious track time. However after driving a Baja 5B SS with the Spektrum DX3R that a fellow has it is night and day difference so I will be upgrading my radio to the DX3S. Basically the same radio with a slightly slower response time. Of course this means that the JR recievers and radio are going to be put on Ebay. All in all the JR is a great system as far as synthesized FM and the multi model memory and functions are superb.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:58 PM
hasslesnt

thanks very much for your help with this. I found a complete kit on ebay for $100 brand new in box so i think that may be the way i go at the moment. A futaba would be great but a little pricey at this stage in time. maybe in 12months or so

cheers