Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

whats the difference between the monster beetle nd the monster truck by fg

RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

whats the difference between the monster beetle nd the monster truck by fg

Old 01-02-2009, 06:58 PM
choppermikez
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default whats the difference between the monster beetle nd the monster truck by fg

i have been looking into the monster beetle and the monter truck from fg is the frames shorter or just the bodies if any one has any idea or helpfull hints let me know thanks and hope every one had a good christmas and new year thanks again
Old 01-03-2009, 04:21 AM
tom111

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: whats the difference between the monster beetle nd the monster truck by fg

I own the FG MT & my friend own the FG MB, from what I noticed they are completely identical beside of course the body & the body mounts, all the rest, chassis, gears, wheels, engine etc are the same…
Old 01-03-2009, 04:34 AM
sheograth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: whats the difference between the monster beetle nd the monster truck by fg

As far as I know, the monster beetle is FG buggy based and the monster beetle pro is FGMT based.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:15 AM
dimag093

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: choppermikez

i have been looking into the monster beetle and the monter truck from fg is the frames shorter or just the bodies if any one has any idea or helpfull hints let me know thanks and hope every one had a good christmas and new year thanks again
Monster beetle pro is based on FGMT (as previously stated)with reinforcements on the chassis by longitudinal side aluminum panels and bars and 8 shocks setup , whereas Monster beetle is based on Marder
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18457.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	1102276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68433.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1102277  
Old 01-04-2009, 12:43 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think that beetle pro you linked is more race minded. The monster beetle also has 4 shocks just like the regular MT and MT hummer.

A already said, the MT beetle (non-pro) and te regular MT are exactly the same. Beetle has a spoiler, regular MT does not.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Mr. Mugen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dimag093

ORIGINAL: choppermikez

Monster beetle pro is based on FGMT (as previously stated)with reinforcements on the chassis by longitudinal side aluminum panels and bars and 8 shocks setup , whereas Monster beetle is based on Marder
I have both those FG's in your pics. They are nearly identical. Obvious stuff like Front A arms are different and gearing is different but for the most part they are identical. I like my marder better....it breaks a lot less.

Kevin