Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

On-road body for DTX Firehammer?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

On-road body for DTX Firehammer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:57 PM
bhcvc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On-road body for DTX Firehammer?

Is there a large on-road body for the DTX Firehammer? One day, I'd like to have a second setup with street wheels/tires and an on-road body, like a large VW bug or something. It should look even bigger since the body will cover the wheels and all, making the overall dimensions larger. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:04 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: On-road body for DTX Firehammer?

There are many on-road bodies from FG. You may need to remove the rollcage for it to fit right. You will also have trouble with body mount posts. I'm not sure if width will be a problem.

To get an idea for on-road bodies you can visit http://www.rc-car-online.de/htstarteng.htm. This is the online store for a German shop called HobbyThek. They are the largest retailer of gassers and have a lot of bodies for sale, painted and unpainted. The also have kits of pre-mounted wheels and tires and gear sets. Their shipping is really high (minimum $40 to the US).

You could check out bodies there and then go to a US supplier of FG like LargeScaleRC.com to find out what can be bought in the US.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:41 AM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

consider that the firehammer chassis is shorter then all on-road chassis by about three inches. the wheel base just wont line up. the width should be just fine with on-road tires, but way too short
Old 01-02-2009, 06:46 PM
bhcvc

I looked at that site and didn't see anu bodies that look like they would fit. I remember seeing a picture of a VW bug body on what thought was a DTX/Smartech buggy with street wheels/tires (which is the same as the FH sans the body mounts I believe). It looked sweet. I'm looking for something like that. Too bad I can't find that picture anymore.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:36 PM
pwaicon

Hobbythek has a Mini Cooper body that should fit your Firehammer buggy, they also have a AC-Cobra body that should fit and a Touareg body that could be used for on road. As for a beetle body, DDM sells an off road beetle body for the Marder that could work for on road use also. I am sure there are others out there as well but those are just a few that I think would work and have actually been thinking about getting for myself.

Mini Cooper: [link]http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lshop,showdetail,5954,e,1230949161-6068,karossen.karossen.karossen_offroad,karosse_00 09,,Tshowrubkarossen.karossen.karossen_offroad,.ht m[/link]

AC-Cobra:[link]http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lshop,showdetail,5954,e,1230949161-6068,karossen.karossen.karossen_offroad,karosse_00 10,,Tshowrubkarossen.karossen.karossen_offroad,.ht m[/link]

Touareg:[link]http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lshop,showdetail,5954,e,1230949161-6068,karossen.karossen.karossen_offroad,karosse_00 26,,Tshowrubkarossen.karossen.karossen_offroad,.ht m[/link]

Beetle:[link]http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.1982/.f[/link]
Old 01-02-2009, 10:57 PM
hellya

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26650.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1102125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95903.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1102126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70918.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1102127  
Old 01-03-2009, 01:50 AM
bhcvc

Hey, I think that DDM bug body is the one I saw! Sweet!

hellya - that green body looks cool too! Where's that body from?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:42 AM
kingpin123

yeah man , where did you get that green body from? and what trucks can it fit?