Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

bsrman14's bugget buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 10:27 AM
speedy.d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bsrman14's bugget buggy

here is an invitation to bsrman14 to share his knowledge on 1/4 scale homebuilts and to possibly post us some pics of his budget buggy. we are not here to bash on anyone but to learn from everyone. so if any of you have any info on the originator of the worlds first 1/4 budget buggy this is your thread. i created this thread as an invitation to bsrman14 to share his knowledge of rc with us less expierenced hobbiests thatare religated to having to purchase our cars due to our inability to build our own.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:36 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: bsrman14's bugget buggy

I hope he does, even if he does not post any pics (he has never posted pics of his work), I will be happy if he described in detail how he fabricated each piece and what innovations and creative tinkering he did to get it all together.

I learned so much from home built threads written by quadbuggy, da mad maori, Lars, naynay12, Giorgos_cupra, and a vcouple of others, that I too eventually want to tackle the challenge of building my own home brewed RC. The more home built threads with good build descriptions, the better for us all so those of us who want to do this will have the info at hand.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:24 PM
speedy.d

i feel the same way, ive been following these other builds as well and have sarted kicking the idea around. i would love to hear about how he made the adjustable gear ratio set up ive read about i am also interested in the inflatable tires. ANY info on this buggy would be great. so all we can do is wait and see.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:46 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

i still think he's completely full of it. i'd like to see him to prove me wrong though.

c'mon bsrman14, let's see that buggy!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:21 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I just found this custom RC, not a full home built, but a full sized mode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI_rc...eature=related
Old 01-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Mudgy

ORIGINAL: speedy.d

here is an invitation to bsrman14 to share his knowledge on 1/4 scale homebuilts and to possibly post us some pics of his budget buggy. we are not here to bash on anyone but to learn from everyone. so if any of you have any info on the originator of the worlds first 1/4 budget buggy this is your thread. i created this thread as an invitation to bsrman14 to share his knowledge of rc with us less expierenced hobbyists that are relegated to having to purchase our cars due to our inability to build our own.
I'll be watching, however holding my breath won't be an option.

Come on, dude, show us how you did it for under 250 bucks.
you posted in another thread how a Tonegawa servo would have done the trick in Bentley Marshalls car - that's your budget gone in one component
Old 01-02-2009, 10:00 AM
bsrman14
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mudgy

here is an invitation to bsrman14 to share his knowledge on 1/4 scale homebuilts and to possibly post us some pics of his budget buggy. we are not here to bash on anyone but to learn from everyone. so if any of you have any info on the originator of the worlds first 1/4 budget buggy this is your thread. i created this thread as an invitation to bsrman14 to share his knowledge of rc with us less expierenced hobbyists that are relegated to having to purchase our cars due to our inability to build our own.

you posted in another thread how a Tonegawa servo would have done the trick in Bentley Marshalls car - that's your budget gone in one component
Come on dude MOre Power more Money. You can get a tone servo cheap!!! You just have to look real hard. On my budget buggy I only needed a 1/4 scale servo 2 for $25.

As for my budget buggy I had all the stuff just lying around. I get most of my material for FREE!!! Parts are cheap if you know where to go.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Giorgos_cupra

I tried so hard not to answer but i just can't help it!!

I myself would prefer(as everybody else) a little less conversation and a little more action!Bsrman ok,i'm not opposing on the price or the parts lying around.I don't even care if it is the worlds most EXPENSIVE buggy!All i want and all the people taking the time to make a thread about YOU and post here,is to POST A COUPLE OF PICS!!NOTHING but NOTHING ELSE!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
speedy.d

well spoken Giorgos cupra, i have enjoyed watching your car take shape. keep up the good work!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 PM
scarletboa

ORIGINAL: bsrman14

ORIGINAL: Mudgy

Come on dude MOre Power more Money. You can get a tone servo cheap!!! You just have to look real hard. On my budget buggy I only needed a 1/4 scale servo 2 for $25.

As for my budget buggy I had all the stuff just lying around. I get most of my material for FREE!!! Parts are cheap if you know where to go.

two 1/4 servos for $25? i think i just bought the same servos that you have. are they any good? the ones i bought are rated at 20kg@6V

also, can't you take some more pictures or maybe even video? we would all really like to see this build. i'd like to see the tires and the driveline.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Giorgos_cupra

well spoken Giorgos cupra, i have enjoyed watching your car take shape. keep up the good work!
Thank you very much Speedy!I'm waiting for my body to complete it any day now!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:50 PM
sam123

I too would like to see some pics of bsrman14's work.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:58 PM
naynay12

Sam was that in a pm?I would of thought the mods would have deleted that post...
Bsrman just asking,howcome whenever we ask fo pics you ignore us?
Old 01-02-2009, 09:20 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Here, here.

bsrman14 ,

I am not trying to bash on you, I am trying to learn from you. And I bet even all the other home builders are trying to learn also so they can modify their own home built RCs

Be a little understanding of everyone's incredulity, but all you have done is teased us all with a really bad pic of your budget RC. Trust me, I tried to put in in Photoshop to magnify it to see the suspension works and hopefully a glimpse of the drive train, but the pic is horrible.

Since you don't want to show us any details on you $250 budget RC, at least tell us about your other RCs you have built in the last 12 years. Especially if they are as good are New Era models, then we DEFINITELY have lots to learn from you. Show us your work, describe how you made these so that the fellow home builders can also improve their own RCs.

Heck, by learning from what you can show us and describe thoroughly to us, I might even be able to custom fabricate some of my own stuff to improve my own RCs.

As I said before, if you do not want to show any pics, then discuss what you did and give us instructions on how you did it.
I must say that you say VERY little, I have read almost every one of your posts here in RCU, and you have not posted anything instructional at all, mostly one-lines, even when you are talking about painting bodies.
If you can discuss in depth how you made parts, how you modified existing parts you have laying around, and how they all came together into your budget RC or any of your other models, that alone will dispell most of our disbelief. I am not asking for pics or vids anymore, just some good build explanations like the other home builders have done.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 PM
speedy.d

since i have started checking out all of these cool home builts it has boosted my confidence in my abilities to take on such a task. i dont know if i would like to attempt a "kit bash" or a complete home build. does anyone have any expierence with these home cad/cam programs that you can design you part they will machine it and send it to you? i have also been considering a tube built sand rail. as much as ive enjoyed the builds on the huge cars that ive been following, i just dont have the space to run something that large. but hats off to the guys that are building these machines. forget about the cost wether on a budget or breaking the bank its the drive to take on such a project that impresses me. none of these builders that i have been following have spoken up in such a condisending manner as bsrm14 has. they have been very helpfull and suppotive of one anothers projects.and please tell me how to get my parts for less than half price and never pay retail. if i could figure that part out i would have my own Elcon. lol
Old 01-02-2009, 11:11 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I use CAD programs everyday, but it is for work only (I would get in serious trouble if I used it for other things [] ). As for access to a CAM CNC machine, I unfotunately do not have access to those.

If you draw up teh dims of the piece you want machined, write down all the specs and take it to a machinist with a CAD CAM and he will tell you if his machine has teh capability to make the part (Machiens in lot of cases are limited in what they can cut)
Old 01-03-2009, 02:58 AM
speedy.d

check out this site, emachineshop.com. they advertise that you draw up the part with their software then they will machine it out and send it to you. it sounds interesting even something "simple" like a milled out 5mm 7075 aluminum chassis for my fs car would be cool to have made up
Old 01-03-2009, 03:35 AM
Giorgos_cupra

Hm,that site...It is very good,nice simple software and everything,but one problem.Very high cost if you order a single or 10 units.I can't actually remember what the minimum number of order units are,used it 3-4 months ago....Speedy,download their program,design a sprocket for instance,select materials and process if i remember correct and then it has something like submit price.Hit it and see if the price is ok
Old 01-03-2009, 11:28 PM
speedy.d

thanks for the info i will give it a try and see what i think
Old 01-04-2009, 11:20 AM
drewcrew6

Cmon bsrman Please share more about the steering. I would like to know how you are steering it with a 1/4 scale servo that was bought for low down cheap? If I remember you have 8" tires right but I don't recall how much it weighs. What servos are you using? I need more power for my steering and I have not even gotten to the bigger tires up front yet.

Please share more about the car. Sounds like the things you have achieved are the ideas I'm looking for. I don't want to steal your designs just help me with some ideas.

Drewcrew6

Old 01-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Giorgos_cupra

Drew,don't want to disapoint you man,but you found the most suitable person to help you and share information!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:20 PM
drewcrew6

Hey Giorgos_cupra

I have had my run ins with bsrman but trying to start new, new year and all, if he has truly done this then Myself and quite a few others feel it is time to see or at least hear what has been done in detail. While I can't talk for everyone but for me if there is no response to this simple request then I know I will do nothing but ignore any of his posts in the future. I do not want simple one liners when looking for advice. I can go to my job and get bashed on there, don't want that here. This is a hobby and therfore should be nothing but enjoyment and I will not acknowledge any brow beatings from anyone on here.

All I would like to see is a more pics or technical descriptions or a video even if the "sensitive areas " have been blurred or covered. Personally I would love a video starting with a little detail on some areas (Size, weight, his solutions to problems he ran into when building and after) then slapping a body on to cover the sensitive areas and running it around.

I do not believe that is to much to ask of you bsrman, if you feel that it is please at least explain why. I would love to see your car in more detail, I am currently running a revised version of that first car but with some driveline and tire size changes, once I feel I have a reasonably reliable truck again or am stuck on a problem and need encouragement I will post some details. I am very proud of what I have built and love to share what I have done. Very few people would even think about a ground-up all custom build .

Thanks
Drewcrew6
Old 01-04-2009, 12:29 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Drew, that is very well said.

The ball is now in bsrman14'court, and it is up to him to stand and deliver and not tease.

I agree, if he can make RCs to the same quality or better than New Era Models, I definitely want to learn from this guy, he has some actual engineering and design experience.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:51 PM
bentley marshall

One thing i found with 1/4 scale is geting info not meny people are willing to give out info ....and ive given up ..... im still trying to find out what the wheel base of my 1/4 scale mt should be if any one has a new era truck would love to chat with you

and all i would like to see some pics of bsrman14 buggy too
Old 01-04-2009, 11:41 PM
speedy.d

i dont understand this guy.at all, its like he wants you to know that whatever you can do he has already done and to a better level than anyone else could aquire. but when asked to put up or shut up, well you all see what we got from him...nothing.well almost nothing he did post saying he can get tone servos cheap, but where is the link why not let other people know how to save a nickel or two? if you want to help someone then do just that, help them. wave waker was having trouble getting his motor back together so i p.m. him gave him my phone number and got him thru his problems. i was having trouble today, i made a new thread and two guys went out of their way to help me out. this is a forum, a gathering of like minded people in search of information to better our understanding of this great hobby. if he thinks that this is a bash fest and he is the target, that was not my goal when i started this thread. i consider myself a fairly mechanical guy (we all are or we wouldnt be in this hobby). but there is something to be learned from everyone.many times due to availibility i have had to make my own parts just so i could run my rc that day. in no way am i comparing me making a single arm or shock tower to building a one off ground up machine, and hats off to any one with that kind of drive. and to you guys that have been posting your homebuilt projects i must say thank you. you guys are the best, you dont have to take the time to photo and post details on what you are doing but you do.keep it up fellas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.