RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fs racing diff

Old 01-13-2009, 06:14 AM
ck_chino

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default fs racing diff

hey guys
am in the process of rebuilding bith front and rear diffs and noticed the rear diff is extrememly stiff with the diff action, anyways i took the whole thing apart and cleaned and reassembled and notieced it is still very stiff while twisiting it with both fingers at opposite ends, it turns free and then stiff at half rotations. i thought maybe one of the gears was damamged but the only thing i saw that there was a big angle at the top of 1 of the 4 gears so i filed it down but still the same thing.

question do the mcd diffs fit? like the ones on the innovative hobbies website? also can we use mcd diff in the center diff? to allow diff actionbetween the front and back?
Old 01-14-2009, 01:32 AM
speedy.d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: fs racing diff

if you follow fs*mt*4wd's steps in his diff mod thread your diffs will be as smooth and as reliable as the mcd's.yes the mcd diffs will fit in the front and rear, but they are the same type of diff and are prone to breaking the same way the fs diffs do. the new diffs(evo3) are better but are also big bucks.
when i did my diffs i spent alot of time filing my gears, not only on the unsquare ends but everywhere. it sounds like you may have a bent pin in you diff. i would look into fixing your fs diffs before i spent that much on mcd diffs that have the same design.
as for the center diff im pretty sure it will work but i am not 100% on it. i am suprised that no one answered this for you sooner.