Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

wet coil

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:32 AM
hitecrcman
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wet coil

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: bsrman14

Rust on the coil and magnito could be the culperate.
Rust is not the reason why his RC is killing itself when he hits the puddle. If rust or corrosion were the problem, the RC would not even start at all (just like an oxidizing corroded batt post in your car will either not geive you enough juice to start your car or provide no electricity at all to your c ar).

In his case, there isnt enough rust to make his RC stop, it is shorting out for sure.
Just adds to the problem With rust you still can start. Patchy rust can be part of the problem. Most likely it is a bad kill switch.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:48 AM
speedy.d

ORIGINAL: hitecrcman

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: bsrman14

Rust on the coil and magnito could be the culperate.
Rust is not the reason why his RC is killing itself when he hits the puddle. If rust or corrosion were the problem, the RC would not even start at all (just like an oxidizing corroded batt post in your car will either not geive you enough juice to start your car or provide no electricity at all to your c ar).

In his case, there isnt enough rust to make his RC stop, it is shorting out for sure.
Just adds to the problem With rust you still can start. Patchy rust can be part of the problem. Most likely it is a bad kill switch.

there is NO rust. that is checked on a regular basis due to the fact that i do run in conditions like this. i am waiting on new diff gears to get here i am going to insulate around the plug wire and my kill switch. it seems to me that savagejim and looker are making the most sense so i will go with this first. however if the tank vent is the problem why did it happen during the "splash". like i said as soon as that car hit that puddle it was done.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:48 AM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say just take out the kill switch ..to do you test run..that way you will know if it is the kill switch causing the problem...
It's 1 of 2 items......kill switch or coil......AKASlawhammer
Water in air filter would kill engine ..
Old 01-19-2009, 11:51 AM
speedy.d

airfilter, now thats a fresh idea, i wasnt runnig an outerwears that day.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:41 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: slawhammer

Water in air filter would kill engine ..
That is a a very good point! In nitros, I have doused an RC by particularly bad splashes and water gets ingested into the filter, thus starving all air and water going into the engine itself.

I have had water hit my engines, but fortunately, the outwearers made most of the water roll off like it hit a duck's backside. Some did get ingested into the filter from the suction, but at least it wasnt to the point the filter gets saturated to starve the engine of air nor get suched into the innards.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:49 AM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey speedy..you get this figured out yet?...AKA Slawhammer
Old 01-22-2009, 10:59 AM
looker2756

I definitely won't speak for Speedy.d. But I can tell you this. It's been so cold around here, there are no puddles or water of any kind outside. I'm sure it's been nearly the same for you Slawhammer. Us northern people have some crazy weather to deal with. Today is supposted to be in the low 40's !! Ahhhh, some melting finally.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:45 PM
speedy.d

im getting the beast sorted out after a busted diff. i should have parts today. then im going to do some "testing". isnt it funny its been down for 4 days and in that time ive gotten it all nice and clean, and now i cant wait for a little mud?
Old 01-22-2009, 01:57 PM
looker2756

It's coming man ! I see melting out my window. Maybe I can make mine to look like this again.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:05 PM
speedy.d

mud is good!