Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

New Mcd EVO3 Monster Truck Confusion

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New Mcd EVO3 Monster Truck Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:29 PM
jetaddicted
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mcd EVO3 Monster Truck Confusion

Need some questions answered. Last night I was looking at prices for the MCD Monster trucks and found three different ones but all the spec come to be the same except for the wider one.

MCD EVO3 Monster Truck Sport- 26cc Motor- which is priced around 1350.00 Only difference I see is that it's 2 inches wider.

Then we have this one-
MCD Pro Line EVO3 Monster Truck - 26cc Motor - Which is priced around 1570.00

Then we have this one but the only price I can find it RTR-1976.00
MCD EVO3 Monster Truck Competition - 26cc Motor

Can someone shine some light on this for me I want to buy the most up to date(version) truck out there.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: New Mcd EVO3 Monster Truck Confusion

The most I can tell between the $1350 USD and teh $1570 USD is the shocks on the $1570 are all alum. Maybe the suspension arms are also alum.
On the $1350, the arms are black plastic.

Other than my guess and what I can see, I dont know. You would have to ask the seller what the differences are.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:29 AM
jetaddicted
My Feedback: (5)

Any dealers out there that can shed some light on this. Is the competition one the new alloy one? I've tried to find where I could see under the body to see the differences. Still in the Dark!!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:56 AM
dgav407

The latest version of the Monster Truck uses the wider suspension of the Race Runner and Baja 1000 Evo 3 models.

The Sport model has lower spec (non-adjustable piston) shocks and only one 'open' diff. The Comp spec model has front and rear 'open' diffs. I assume that as with the Comp spec Race Runner and Baja 1000, the Comp spec Monster Truck comes with a valuable spares package (wishbones, hubs, shock forks, shock shafts, diff gears, alternative shock springs).

To be honest I would check with the dealer for the actual differences on the models they are selling. It's possible the website is showing the older pre Evo Monster Truck.....

The 2009 Race Runners (http://www.mcdeurope.de/index.php?s=3&lang=eng) have just been released and it's possible that MCD will release a similar upgraded Monster Truck with steel gears, alloy servo tray, diff mount, fuel tank supports and new shocks.

The new models (this might include the new long wheelbase all alloy Race Runner) will be displayed at the Toy Fair in Germany early next month. It's probably worth waiting before you purchase anything - you never know what else might be on show at the Toy Fair. FG will (allegedly) be displaying the Sportsline version of the 4WD Baja and Monster/Stadium Trucks.

Clive
Old 01-24-2009, 04:40 AM
tom111

Hi,

I have just recently purchased a new MCD MT EVO3 Wide Competition model, I also had the same problem understanding what are the differences between the models.

Basically the EVO3 is the new MCD chassis which is wider & this is what you should get, with the EVO3 chassis you have 2 models Sport & Competition, MCDs are the best cars around but they have serious lack of support & customer service so it is really hard to find some information about them & get clear answers, this is the reply I received from their distributor in Germany who sells both models:

Competition:
• Differential at the rear axle
• front bumper
• double disc brake with pads out of sintered metal
• stabilizer at front and rear axle
• left-/right-hand thread axles
• adjustable damping (shock absorber)
• spare parts package

Sport:
• fixed diff at rear axle
• standard shock absorber
• no front bumper
• one disc brake pad with pads out of GFK
• no spare parts
• no stabilizers
• right-hand thread axles

You can also read more about it in a thread I had about that:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_81...rampage/tm.htm

BTW – the “Pro Line” is the previous version of the Competition, it is not Wide & not based on the new EVO3 chassis…

Here is my new MCD MT EVO3 Wide competition model, and if you get one make sure that you will get the tires with the inflation valves!!! this is really great, so much fun & the best feature, you can actually adjust how hard they will be...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42377.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1117913   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13983.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1117914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48023.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	106.2 KB