RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

CY Exploded Diagram

Old 01-26-2009, 03:56 PM
rc-martin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default CY Exploded Diagram

Hi All,
Does anybody have an exploded view with part numbers for a CY 260 engine? I'm after a piston and cylinder and the shop I'm using only lists part numbers.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 PM
BadClownCrawler
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: CY Exploded Diagram

Cy doesnt offer a manual or pdf info.

heres the best you can get.
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...egory.27893/.f
Daves carries a FULL completment for the CY26cc motor. you want the items listed as 34mm for the 26cc. anything not labled 32mm or 34mm will work on both the 23cc and 26cc cy motor.

I STRONGLY recomend you spend and extra 20.00 and buy a set of Fast Eddy crank bearings at 13.00 and new oil seals at 6.00 and replace those CY crank bearings. they will only let you down.

ALSO, you can buy and install a Zenoah G260RC (2 bolt cylinder) on your CY motor and CY piston/ring. this is a great way to increase the reliability of the cy 26cc motor.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:09 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rc-martin

Hi All,
Does anybody have an exploded view with part numbers for a CY 260 engine? I'm after a piston and cylinder and the shop I'm using only lists part numbers.
Here is a rebuild instructional build vid and it uses the 23cc CY. (there are actually 9vids)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0aFZ1ACrsE

It is a very good instructional vid, and you can see the exact parts in very good detail. The even describe what the parts are called so you can type the part name in the link that BadClown gave and you can find the part in that site very easily.

As for exact part numbers and all, you unfortunately would have to do some cross checking: write down the names of the parts as the instructors describe, type them in the search engine in the DDM site, and see waht available PNs come up.

Though this rebuild vid series is only for the 23CC, the rebuild methods are exactly the same. So, for a 26cc, or even a 28.5cc or 30.5cc CY, these vids will give you a very good idea of the parts included in your CY engines.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:45 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Didn't the baja 5b manual have an exploded view of the engine? I don't remember off hand. I doubt it has part numbers, but it would be an exploded view to look at. You can download the manual off hpi's website.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:54 AM
rc-martin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the replies guys, I have got a diagram of the zenoah already, just wanted the cy part numbers. I'll probably go for a zen piston and cylinder now
Old 01-27-2009, 03:11 PM
BadClownCrawler
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i think the manual has a minimal info on the motor, but its been a LONG TIME since i read either the 5B or SS manual. they may have a few part numbers. you can get the PDF of the Bajas on HPIs site and DL them to your puter. http://www.hpiracing.com/manuals/pdf/10610.pdf
Old 01-27-2009, 06:24 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That manual does have a CY diagram exploded of the parts, good find. I didnt think the HPI manual would have the engine in it, HPI in the past has published the engine manuals (if they even did) separately from the main RC manual (At least for Savages they did).

Page 5-1 (or pg 116 in the PDF) has the 26cc CY parts in exploded diagram. The carb is on the very next page.