Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Adios Savage...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 08:29 AM
Urbandrag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adios Savage...

HOLA BAJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

On Tuesday, I drove 1255km to pick a blown Baja... And it was not a trip in a Bugatti Veyron, my car is a 1300cc diesel power tarmac terrorist !... It took me about 17hs driving!!!... Without sleeping from 5:00AM to 10:00PM. but I drove home with the biggest smile you ever seen-
Ok, let's talk about what you want to read...
The Baja aesthetically is in near new condition, a couple of cracks in the body, both rear arms are slightly damaged at the suspension bolt, and there are a couple of marks in the front skid plate. It also has an RD Logics billet clutch bell holder, almost brand new Sand Buster tires mounted in new wheels, along with an used set of dirt busters, and a heavy duty digital servo.
The bad...
One half of the clutch needs a pad, and the butterfly in the carb is missing. And I don't know how is the motor... At least, the motor does not have serious marks...
When I inspected at home, I noticed that the Sand Busters were wrongly mounted, I mean the left wheel was mounted at the right and viceversa... And I think that was the reason of the death of the motor... The previuos owners reved up the motor without traction until it died... The owner was a 16 years old rich kid without any idea of what he had... I hope the Baja have a better luck with me...
Anyways, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun at the rebuild, and even more when I finish!!!...
The pics:

[>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]
Old 01-31-2009, 09:13 AM
wave waker

Default RE: Adios Savage...

dats a lot of driving but it's gonna be worth it...very nice looking baja...keep us updated..
Old 01-31-2009, 09:43 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the dark side.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:44 AM
tom111

Let the feast begin!!! welcome! it was worth it, you will engoy every minute... [8D]
Old 01-31-2009, 04:26 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I still have my Savages, it's just that I have not run them because nitro fuel prices downright suck elephant eggs

You Baja looks great, even if the kid might have screwed it up, and a new original CY engine, fortunately, can be had for much less than buying a whole brand new 5B!