Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Grind the edges off my Zenoah crankcase?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Grind the edges off my Zenoah crankcase?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:39 PM
waqr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grind the edges off my Zenoah crankcase?

I`m going to put this kit on next week :

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/...achined_wc.htm

Do I have to do something to my Zenoah crankcase in order to make it fit properly? I seem to remember that someone mentioned something about "having to grind the edges off the crankcase in order to make this kit fit, is this correct? If so, how do I do this grinding properly? See my crankcase below:

Old 02-06-2009, 06:13 PM
clubin

Default RE: Grind the edges off my Zenoah crankcase?

It will bolt rite up, but if you are going to change the bearings and seals it might not be a bad thing to see how the ports line up, I installed that exact kit on a zenoah. I had to grind some of the case away, so the transfer ports lined up perfect. Not areal big deal though, if you put it on sa stock case you would be just fine.

What I did was with the case split and put the cylinder on one case half and make sure the bolt hole lined up and see how the transfer ports line up to the case. This can be done on each side.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:59 AM
waqr

Default RE: Grind the edges off my Zenoah crankcase?

ORIGINAL: clubin

It will bolt rite up, but if you are going to change the bearings and seals it might not be a bad thing to see how the ports line up, I installed that exact kit on a zenoah. I had to grind some of the case away, so the transfer ports lined up perfect. Not areal big deal though, if you put it on sa stock case you would be just fine.

What I did was with the case split and put the cylinder on one case half and make sure the bolt hole lined up and see how the transfer ports line up to the case. This can be done on each side.
Ok...so you don`t think that the little notch or tap in the top right hand corner of the crankcase will interfer with the the kit in some way? All other corners seem the miss this little notch, what is the purpose of this?