Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG Beetle from the Elcon Gods!

Old 03-30-2009, 02:17 PM
dc2 man
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FG BEETLE PRO REBUILD THREAD(my style)

well i said i would share it with you lot my plans for this beetle to come.

in two weeks time i am getting an additional set of mecathek hydros for the front to also compliment the rear set i have allready installed on it also in may for my 30th i hear tell of a present coming from hobbythek with my name on it lolit is hobbytheks raceported and blueprinted zenoah CAD G270 four bolt engine it is quite expensive but its power is supposed to be unnautral.here is the link for it.... should pump out some mayhem with the jetpro......[:-]

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh...tor.motor,.htm

CANT WAIT!!
Old 03-30-2009, 03:30 PM
dc2 man
Banned

some videos old and new... (help....how do i sort out the links for these vids??? they dont seem to come on screen here right from photobucket!!

and this is one of my favourites...[&:]

and some more recent below next post....

dc2 man
Old 03-30-2009, 03:34 PM
dc2 man
Banned

and here is some recent videos of her....

that was a fun day lol and i had some fun washing it after it haha[:-]
Old 03-30-2009, 03:36 PM
dc2 man
Banned

there will be some new updates now soon and some new videos also...
Old 03-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roll up the windows next time
Old 03-30-2009, 03:42 PM
dc2 man
Banned

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

Roll up the windows next time
hahah

lars how do i fix the links for the videos please??

i cant seem to figure it at all [>:]

Old 03-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Lars from Norway

Cut and paste the URL (the adress for the video),and use the link button on top of your messagebox when you write your post.

http://s723.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=DSCF2889.flv

Edit,you dont have to do that,just put the URL in the messagebox and it will convert to a link automaticallyThats what i did in this post.You dont get the picture-link though
Old 03-31-2009, 03:33 PM
dc2 man
Banned

cheers lars

i must do that next time,but what if i have to put up a good amount of vids then,does it work the same way?

must go at the beetle now tomorrow night and get it sorted..

for some new vids!![>:]
Old 03-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Lars from Norway

Yep,just put in the URL for the video as i did,you can do as many as you want i reckon
Old 03-31-2009, 04:01 PM
dc2 man
Banned

cheers....

so what you at tonight you doing any work on the cars?

did you send back the wrong bits you got?

im actually not at the cars tonight which is strange,must now friday evening when i have my new carb gasket back and get some vids the weekend hopefully,weather is great here right now,what way is it there?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Lars from Norway

No,i kept them and they are sending some new onesWaiting for them now,hope they will be here to the weekend,then i can get some soldering done.There will be lights
Old 04-04-2009, 01:19 PM
dc2 man
Banned

waiting for a reply from hobbythek now to see if they will replace the burnt out NEW servo i bought (hitek) lasted one tank and smoked,they said it could have been one in a million faulty one.........as soon as i get it back there will be videos!

cant wait to run this beast again...

im actually debating weather to run it or not untill may untill i get the cad G270 race ported engine...... i might just wait untill then lol

well see...
Old 04-06-2009, 06:52 PM
dc2 man
Banned

easter this weekend now......mmm i hear the girlfriend has a present on the way for this fg lol cant wait to see what it will be
Old 04-10-2009, 04:16 PM
steven brown

hi mate i,ve been looking at this thread and thinking to myself by god thats some machine .
i,ve just got back into the rc cars myself and bought a nanda raptor nitro but i,ve just bought a second
truck in the shanqi hummer and i am planning tp do some off the mods i have seen on this thread
i hope u don,t mind if i bend your ear about some off your work when i need a hand .

nice work mate
Old 04-10-2009, 05:25 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hello steven

thanks for the compliments man.

no problem,what ever you need to know all you need to do is ask!!

i too think the shenqi hummer is a great deal,with a few small modds you can turn it in to a really good one.

few things i would like to mention to you about upgrading sometime that may be of a great help!!

cheers
dc2 man
Old 04-10-2009, 06:13 PM
steven brown

what sort off mods would u recomend for this hummer mate
i,ve looked into doing all the arms first after the roll cage .
i,ve already sorted out side skirts as my mate,s wrecked some off his car aklreadt ateking it onot
a grit pitch . one thing that i have thought about is cogs to help with performance but i,m niot sure if this
would help . what do u think mate
Old 04-11-2009, 04:58 AM
dc2 man
Banned

i think you should run it first untill you really need an upgrade!!

my first choice of upgrade then would be the diff mounts and diff case converted to alloy to cope with the stress,second would be steel gears with alloy spur adaptor.

transmittor/reciever radio gear/servos & battery pack must all be of good quality,if you got an either futaba 3pm or spectrum dx3.0 like me they come with built in failsafes also to prevent runaways!!

these would be my very first vital upgrades to make your hummer bulletproff,after these its a matter of waiting for the parts just to wear out first.

obviously there is a whole whost of parts that can also be upgraded later on to make it much more sturdier.

but in stock form you should be fine for a long time if you watch screws and retighten after running with some blue loctight threadlock.

so have you bought it or waiting to?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:09 AM
steven brown

seams u have the same sort off thinking as me mate lol. i bought the hummer a few
weeks back and have had it out a few time,s i,ve already replaced the battery packs i got with it
and i,ve got a lad looking at makeing a ali roll cage plus a few other bits for me i was hopeing to upgrade
some off the gears to see if this would help with performance but i,ll wait and see . .one thing that i have noticed with this compaired to my nitro one it,s not as responsive and it don,e see to want to go full pelt
i do plan to take the whole truck apart and start from scratch cleaning and replaceing but u know whats it,s like
one good day off weather in scotland and it,s out with the shorts and the cars lol
i think i,ll get all the bit,s i,m going to upgrade and do them all in the one weekend .
the bottom engine mounts were one bit i was looking at as there only plastic and i don,t trust them
back to the gears do u think a change in gears could help with performance or would i have to get
some work done on the engine
thanks for this help mate it,s a great help
Old 04-11-2009, 11:40 AM
dc2 man
Banned

hey steven no problem anything to be of a help here......

cheers!!

what part of scotland do you come from,nice country. a friend of mine lived in glasgow for a few years ago he had an apartment there near his work place so 4years ago i went over to visit him,man all i can say is a great spot,we rented out a car for a week and done scotland from top to bottom,saw loughness monster lol went right up north to inverness,steerling castle,wallace monument.......some fun there!! i met a girl there also for a while lol

nice country......

anyway,the best thing i would say is to stick to standard size gearing as they are on there to suit your monster wheels and to downsize/upsize them would upset things i think,what engine size have you? if it is 23cc it is a little mild for a monster model,it should be 26cc plus....

either way,the first thing you can do in terms of power is a pipe,you wont believe your eyes.........i will leave you a link here for some pipes,the shop is where i buy all my parts in germany they are very good. check out some pipes here,with a pipe automaticly you will see a 1hp gain on any engine,its awesome.....the one i use is a jetpro,but there are loads of others depending on what you like....

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh...ffroad,,,,.htm

you can also tune that engine with your carb needles,you have a high and low needle which you can adjust a lot when you are running,you can start by leaning in the low speed 1/16th increments untill you find the best power balance and same for high needle,they both should be marked.

if you are after a major power upgrade and have the money to spare you could buy like i did an upgraded race ported engine head kit with crank,easy enough to do if you ever were doing it i would help you with info/pics and links on how to..... the one i bought was an o neills bros racing race ported zenoah 27.2 stuffed dtroker crank head kit,it is unreal with the jetpro because my fg is heavy i needed more power,i also upgraded to a lauterbaucher racing intake manifold and fg k&n,this thing really rips..........if you go back along my build you will see it.

here is my engine link
http://www.oneillbrothersracing.com/...achined_wc.htm
let me know your thoughts on all this.

dc2 man
Old 04-11-2009, 12:45 PM
steven brown

well mate i live in a town about 50 mile,s or so from glasgow a small place called helensburgh
nice and quite just the way i like it .don,t realy like glasgow to much going on around about u
if u know what i meen

so the gears r not the best idea i,ll have to upgrade them anyway get some better one,s
and newer one,s . the engine i have is the dzy23sc engine .i,ve looked about for upgrades but
not alot about for this engine .problilby is but i,m crap at searching for stuff .the lad i go out with his one,s a 26cc and it,s
got more grunt than mine i,ll need to do a search and see what i can come up with for upgrade,s
i,ve got a pipe on it already so thats one upgrade i don,t need to bother with i,m not sure if u were like me
but powers got to be the first then the shiney bits lol
breaks as there crap they do stop the truck but not good enough there,s is a few bits i need to think about
but for this trcuk i will have to do alot off searching . they don,e justy have a upgraded part for a shenqi
it,s eather a clone or a copy so i hear lol
i don,t want to through loads off cash at this as my wee lad off 4 gets to use it as well so spending **** loads
off cash would be daft .but i,m going to spend some .
u have realy got me thinking but mate and u have been a great help thanks once again
i realy do apricaite it
i,m going to check out these links now
Old 04-11-2009, 03:10 PM
dc2 man
Banned

no bother at all

any time....

check out the links anyway,pretty easy truck to work on and parts can be got,but i presume they are a little rare someplaces also.
best of luck.

here is a link for shenqi parts
might be of a help to you.

http://www.sidcom.co.uk/html/shenqi_petrol_power.html

keep me posted.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:16 PM
steven brown

i,ve had a look at the links mate and i,m thinking i,m
going to end up spending some cash lol
the engine bits r looking like a taisty adition to my truck . i,ll keep u
updated mate sand i,ll do a psot on the upgrades as u have done .
thanks once again
Old 04-11-2009, 03:30 PM
dc2 man
Banned

no bother hope this helped you some bit

i think if money was at a minimum on the truck i would go for a cheap set of cable brakes for the rear,a good improvement over the standard,check out these,brakes are worth spending money on if your budget would allow you could get a set of hydros like mine i will leave the links here below so you can take a look.

i also left another link above on the last reply to parts for your shenqi.

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh...212574239,.htm

and the more expensive hydros
http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh...emsen_hyd,.htm

Old 04-11-2009, 05:16 PM
steven brown

once again mate u have helped me a great deal thanks
i,ve looked at both sest off breaks and i,m now just wanting the sale for my
nitro trucks to come through so i can spend some cash lol.it,s just were to start lol
think i,ll start with all the engine mounts then the arms . i,m waiting for my mate to send
me back my roll cage aswel so i think i,ll just start ordering me self some stuff ;

cheers once again . i,ll keep u updated
Old 04-11-2009, 06:14 PM
victory-rc

VERY COOL BUILD !
Are the beetle bodies still available ? I was told there discontinued.

www.victory-rc.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.