RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Purchase XRC?

Old 02-08-2009, 08:01 PM
trev1whittaker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Purchase XRC?

I can already see this backfiring on me before I finsih this topic, but I'd like some honest opinions.

I'd really like to purchase a new RC this spring, and I've really being staring down the 1/8 Kyosho IGT2, but keeping an eye on the marketplace here. I stumbled across a 1/5 XRC. Here's the link: http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=481356 So, can anyone tell me if this would be a good purchase?

I'd like a larger scale than 1/10, and I'm STRICTLY a parking lot basher. I'm aware the shells are super expensive, and I've read reviews of the XRC. Can anyone offer any advice? I'd like to to give the seller an answer soon.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:46 PM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Purchase XRC?

i have an xrc, im selling mine for 300. his is a good deal couse he has lots of spares. if it hits something it will break. the plastic is very brittle.(boiling helps) running with a shell is really important as it helps to protect everything. the xrc shells are only $40. but they will crack easly, just like his. so you may want to buy 3 and a hot hot glue gun(works nice). they are ok if you dont expect much. i dont meen that in a bad way. they are fun cars as long as you avoid obsticles like a rash. no curbs, no speed bumps.. those stock motors will also barely hit 25mph maybe 30mph. so how the plug is on a 45* angle? on-road is great if you like to fiddle. i can spen 2plus hours in a parking lot just tuning suspension. its more fun then tuning a nitro!! your not winning any races with that thing, but i have one(for sale) and its fun.

here is a link to were you can get parts in the states. you have to call him for parts. he doesnt have all xrc stuff on website, but does have it all in stock.
http://www.imexrc.com/servlet/StoreFront
Old 02-08-2009, 09:48 PM
trev1whittaker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

that really helps. i never thought of myself as much of a "fidgeter". lol. i thought all 1/5 scale bodies were like $100+. The stock 25-30mph would put me to sleep.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:59 PM
bentley marshall

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

all you need to make it go faster is a 23cc cy head and piston (the xrc has very small ports but very good bottom end)
and maybe a tune pipe

they cars are ok the one in the link is one of the very first ones dont have front brakes and i think the shocks dont have oil in them

the bodys are junk i use a smartech one on my car

have a look here theres photos of my car there http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8429061/tm.htm

hope that helps
Old 02-21-2009, 12:06 PM
EngageRC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

go with the KM
xrc is far away from KM's quality.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:14 PM
binkterboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

if you want a cheaper way into 1/5 or 1/6 buggys then i dont think you can go wrong with a carson attack or super attack... i have had an xrc and the thing just fell apart.. the engine was week from low to top end.. whereas the carson is a car that i would recommend.. as good if not equal to the fg marder.. and i know a lot of people wont agree with that comment but i have had both so i speak from experience.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:28 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You might want to check out the new rampage onroad 4x4 car .
http://www.rampagehopups.com/images/...-948070402.JPG
Old 02-22-2009, 10:18 PM
jimjeep

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

To say that the XRC is low quality would be quite an understatement! You would be better off with a 1/5 electric toy from the Walmart! It would probably break alot less. It's no point saving money to find that you get something that remains broken all the time and you don't get to use it much. You might as well buy it for a display model or maybe a tricked out paperweight. Smartech/Carson/Tian Qi/DURATRAX models aren't much more and have much better quality as well as interchangability with many FG and HARM parts. DURATRAX even offers what they call a stress-tech parts warranty on most of the major plastics on the car so that for the first year you own the car if you break one of the parts covered (like a suspension arm) they will replace it free of charge! That's a great deal for anyone starting out.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Samuel_Adams_Foster

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have had mine for a month and the only complant is that the motor is really weak.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:02 PM
hellya

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you want a really good deal......try a smartech traveller...you can get them off ebay.... direct from the manufacturer they sell in lots of 2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-5-SMARTECH-HUG...3A1%7C294%3A50

I just snagged mine for $195 plus ship.... it has a zenoah 23cc engine which if you price around..the engine will cost the same as what I bought the entire vehicle for.

Most of the auctions on eaby from this seller the traveller sells for..... $200-250 look at the feedback

The firehammer is the exact same as the traveller... they sell the firehammer for $800-900 RTR.

The only thing this traveller doesnt come with is the radio system...most of us upgrade our radio first thing so that isnt a biggy

One of the best deals I have gotten in along time.... .....parts are always easy to get..... you can use FG or Firehammer parts

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72296.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1142669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72507.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1142670   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv53662.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1142671  
Old 02-22-2009, 11:32 PM
speedy.d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hellya

If you want a really good deal......try a smartech traveller...you can get them off ebay.... direct from the manufacturer they sell in lots of 2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-5-SMARTECH-HUG...3A1%7C294%3A50

I just snagged mine for $195 it has a zenoah 23cc engine which if you price around..the engine will cost the same as what I bought the entire vehicle for.

Most of the auctions on eaby from this seller the traveller sells for..... $200-250 look at the feedback

The firehammer is the exact same as the traveller... they sell the firehammer for $800-900 RTR.

The only thing this traveller doesnt come with is the radio system...most of us upgrade our radio first thing so that isnt a biggy

One of the best deals I have gotten in along time.... .....parts are always easy to get..... you can use FG or Firehammer parts

thats a smokin' deal on the smartech, those thing are fun! check out my post in the for sale section on the redcat forum, i have jet pro pipe you might want for that.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:23 AM
binkterboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

smartech spider is in fact the same as a carson attack, smartech traveller, xtm 1/6 buggy.. all decent quality for ya money