Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

fs 30cc is actuall only 26cc, the big ripoff!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fs 30cc is actuall only 26cc, the big ripoff!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:59 AM
asphaltcowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fs 30cc is actuall only 26cc, the big ripoff!

ORIGINAL: M0NAR0MAN

Seems fs are claiming there engine is 30cc when in fact it is only 26cc. If I bought a 5.7L V8 only to find out later it was only a 5.0L I would be demanding my money back. How many fs owners are going to demand a refund!
Hello,

all FS 30cc engines, also in Germany sold FS Carbon Fighter with 30cc FS Engine are only 26cc Engines !!!
I know it about 1,5 years.
I measured this engine...
Chinese measured with other scales ...

Greetings Maik
Old 02-19-2009, 08:02 PM
SAVAGEJIM

If it has been happening for more than 1.5 years, why hasnt anyone, particularly the importers,, distributors, and retailers, actually asked them why they are giving a false displacemnt on their ads?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:03 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Good question man..
Hmmm, I wonder if the KM's are this way?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:11 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I dont think so, at least I have never heard of anyone complaining that KM lies about their RC engine displacements. They are at least smart enough to either say 23cc or 26cc.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:37 PM
srt10

Between the 23cc and the 29cc KM, I don't know of anyone that has checked the size of the piston?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:19 AM
speedy.d

the worst part about this the rep that the fs cars are getting this is just one more thing. and the sad thing is that if you take the junk radio, weak motor off, and replace them with quality parts you get a great car. and the price is still pretty good. you cant buy an mcd roller for 800.00. even after you remove the weak parts and replace them you still come out ahead in the cash end.since my cousin has got my old fs (we put a 23cc cy on it) it has held up great !
Old 02-20-2009, 12:34 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: speedy.d

the worst part about this the rep that the fs cars are getting this is just one more thing. and the sad thing is that if you take the junk radio, weak motor off, and replace them with quality parts you get a great car. and the price is still pretty good. you cant buy an mcd roller for 800.00. even after you remove the weak parts and replace them you still come out ahead in the cash end.since my cousin has got my old fs (we put a 23cc cy on it) it has held up great !
That's a good point..
Kinda the same with the KM buggies.
Replace the radio with a 2.4g and motor with a built or modded one and your still cheaper than the RTR, and alot faster..
Old 02-20-2009, 10:20 PM
jimjeep

Wow! [X(] Everybody's getting rather uptite about this one. I will have to measure mine when I dissassemble my motor! Although, I have to admit many engine size claims are not factual to their true measurements as manufacturers often round the numbers. For instance if you bought a Ford Mustang with a 5.0L engine you would actually get a 4.95L actual displacement (which is not far from the truth) since it is a 302CI V8. I don't see anyone screaming at Ford for this. It is possible that the Chinese manufacturer simply rounded the number up as 26CC is closer to 30 than it is to 20CC. I would agree at such smaller displacements this makes a bigger difference and they should follow suit with other manufacturers and label it as it's true 26CC (which is a rounded number also), but it's still neglegible when you consider the longevity of these engines is rather minimal anyway. For the price I'm glad that it even came with an engine and radio even though I would not even attempt to use the supplied radio system! I have some FG's and I looked long and hard before buying one of these and for what I payed I really don't feel like I got ripped off. The people selling these can only go by what the OEM tells them as they would have to spend both time and money to verify this and in the end if you were in the business would you advertise your product as having only 26CC when your competition is advertising the same thing at 30CC? Who's gonna get the business here? FS themselves might not even have been aware of this. Either the company supplying the engines made a false claim or delivered the wrong engines and is to blame or it is the marketing department at FS. Either way they are cheap engines with a limited lifespan and although I feel a little wronged also I'm not gonna sweat it just like I didn't sweat having to replace all the bearings and radio equipment so far and I still haven't run the thing!!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:35 PM
jigawatt

could someone with an FS 30 tear it apart and please provide measurements (and pics) to put speculation to rest?
Old 02-21-2009, 01:57 AM
srt10

I think it's junk that a company would advertise a 26cc motor as a 30cc.
Going from a 26cc to a 30cc is a big jump in these small motors.
It could mean a 25% + hp jump in power between the two
I really hope no one is getting ripped off by these so called companies..
Old 02-21-2009, 12:47 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: jimjeep

Wow! [X(] Everybody's getting rather uptite about this one. I will have to measure mine when I dissassemble my motor! Although, I have to admit many engine size claims are not factual to their true measurements as manufacturers often round the numbers. For instance if you bought a Ford Mustang with a 5.0L engine you would actually get a 4.95L actual displacement (which is not far from the truth) since it is a 302CI V8. I don't see anyone screaming at Ford for this. It is possible that the Chinese manufacturer simply rounded the number up as 26CC is closer to 30 than it is to 20CC. I would agree at such smaller displacements this makes a bigger difference and they should follow suit with other manufacturers and label it as it's true 26CC (which is a rounded number also), but it's still neglegible when you consider the longevity of these engines is rather minimal anyway. For the price I'm glad that it even came with an engine and radio even though I would not even attempt to use the supplied radio system! I have some FG's and I looked long and hard before buying one of these and for what I payed I really don't feel like I got ripped off. The people selling these can only go by what the OEM tells them as they would have to spend both time and money to verify this and in the end if you were in the business would you advertise your product as having only 26CC when your competition is advertising the same thing at 30CC? Who's gonna get the business here? FS themselves might not even have been aware of this. Either the company supplying the engines made a false claim or delivered the wrong engines and is to blame or it is the marketing department at FS. Either way they are cheap engines with a limited lifespan and although I feel a little wronged also I'm not gonna sweat it just like I didn't sweat having to replace all the bearings and radio equipment so far and I still haven't run the thing!!
Rounding 4.95L up to 5L is one thing, that runding up by a VERY small increment, well under 1% rounding.

But for rounding 26cc all the way up to 30cc? That is nearly a 20% eaggeration!

To round up for less than 1% or even a few percent, that is okay. But to round up by almost 20%, that is downright lying!
Old 02-21-2009, 01:00 PM
srt10

Also bro, Fords 5.0 we all know is a 302ci and Chevy 5.0 we all know is a 305ci so they are not really rounding up..

And I'm with ya on this one.. It's a huge exaggeration, 26cc to a 30cc and also we want the bigger motor because the power increase is huge..

No replacement for displacement!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:06 AM
rawpwr
My Feedback: (1)

i tore my "30cc" down today and the piston is smaller thin my cy 27cc piston. i had to put put my cy crank in it because the crank in it would not work with my baja clutch system and wile i was in there i put in new baring and seals and put it back together and fired up on the 2ed pull. sounds good too. im thinking about putting a G270RC 4 bolt head kit on it.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:53 AM
rckiwi

The new Zen 4 bolt head kits fit straight on and you will have twice the power as the old so called 30cc motor!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Dave ESPI

ORIGINAL: jigawatt

could someone with an FS 30 tear it apart and please provide measurements (and pics) to put speculation to rest?

THIS.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 PM
speedy.d

this is from the fs racing 4wd 1:5 forum, it was posted by rallyfinnen and there are pics on that post.

I also did some measurements
Bore: 34mm
Stroke: 28mm
Con rod length: abt 52mm
.. and yes that makes 25,4cc on an engine marked 30cc..
Old 03-10-2009, 01:21 PM
rawpwr
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: rckiwi

The new Zen 4 bolt head kits fit straight on and you will have twice the power as the old so called 30cc motor!
rckiwi. have you tried the zenoah 4 bolt head.? or did you read about it being done?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:46 PM
hands without shadows

Is anybody including the cylinder head volume in their calculations?
Old 03-14-2009, 04:12 AM
FS*MT*4WD

stick a new crank in there, get the zen 4 bolt coversion and you have a extremely powerful engine, the porting on the fs engine is very good too, maybe even better than the zen
strange there are more and more owners of fs brand and more and more companies are buying the 'mcd clone' platform, like CEN and Graupner... , any thread with a FS topic gets alot of hits.. in germany they have the carbon fighter which is a fs buggy rebranded and have sold more than 1000 in three months...the truth is FS is here to stay, love em or hate em.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:37 PM
SAVAGEJIM

No doubting that is sell, indication that it is an RC that actually has carved its niche in giant scale is seen in the FS thread here in RCU as guys talk about all sorts of hop-ups and improvements they have put into their FS RCs.

But the point of this thread is not that FS sells, there is no dnying that at all. This thread is a complaint about FS Lying about the displacement.

That is what makes people mad, the RC does not have what is advertised. Not that it does not sell.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:55 PM
wan6176

so wat u guys r waiting for? sue them....rather then keep on talking here,might as well somebody make a move...
Old 03-14-2009, 06:00 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

No doubting that is sell, indication that it is an RC that actually has carved its niche in giant scale is seen in the FS thread here in RCU as guys talk about all sorts of hop-ups and improvements they have put into their FS RCs.

But the point of this thread is not that FS sells, there is no dnying that at all. This thread is a complaint about FS Lying about the displacement.

That is what makes people mad, the RC does not have what is advertised. Not that it does not sell.

Good pointe ..
Old 03-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Coopz

I had a 30cc FS.
Was a heap of **** IMO.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:25 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: wan6176

so wat u guys r waiting for? sue them....rather then keep on talking here,might as well somebody make a move...
I am sure that several FS owners actually have. The problem is not no one has not, its because it is an international thing; action takes longer. Or worse, nothing will happen at all for numerous reasons.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:04 AM
mooman007uk

good luck trying to take action against a Chinese manufacturer, and the distributers will just say that's the info the factory supplied so they're off the hook too.

Hands without shadows has a good point....maybe they filled up the cylinder with water and used that including the transfer port volume too...you never know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.