Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

ADA 4 bolt kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 PM
clubin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADA 4 bolt kit

Well, I bought one installed it and ran it. I am very happy with the install and it is sure nice to have more options for my 4 bolt case.
I am running a 13:1 compression dome with a 2mm stroked crank.
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.5687/.f

Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 PM
toez71
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: ADA 4 bolt kit

nice please be sure to post a clip,id like to hear what it sounds like...that dome looks mint,very clean,is the cyl part ada to??
Old 02-11-2009, 09:22 PM
clubin

ORIGINAL: toez71

nice please be sure to post a clip,id like to hear what it sounds like...that dome looks mint,very clean,is the cyl part ada to??
The stuff fits like a glove. The cylinder is a G270 cylinder with the top cut off and a dome made for the correct squish.

This in my opinion is the best 4 bolt kit available, I ported the cylinder copying another ported cylinder I had. It is a great engine.

It sounds quiet with the Samba, but if you are interested I will take a short video for you.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:08 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Very nice! I dont have my G270 yet, but how does the G270 run? Before you put the head kit on it that is.

That headkit looks great on your truck there BTW. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-11-2009, 10:19 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks real sweet my friend...Nice to know there are other choice's...You should have great torque from that new topend...
As always you do fine work on your RC Units....Best to you on you adventures.....Slawhammer
Old 02-12-2009, 04:38 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

if your looking for a different 4 bolt set up you should look into a RCMK 254 top end with a DS head cooling , i bought a RCMK for my boat with adjustable timing for under 250 the top ends are just over 100 i think with more meat to open up if adgressive porting wanted to be done but unported its rated at 5 HP . just another option is all
nice mill you have though
Old 02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
clubin

ORIGINAL: cyclops1970

if your looking for a different 4 bolt set up you should look into a RCMK 254 top end with a DS head cooling , i bought a RCMK for my boat with adjustable timing for under 250 the top ends are just over 100 i think with more meat to open up if adgressive porting wanted to be done but unported its rated at 5 HP . just another option is all
nice mill you have though
I have a DS cooling head on a Ported marine cylinder, the cooling head is cracking around the top cooling fin. The DS head does not cool the cylinder well enough. I hope this one will be better.

I wanted to get away from the marine cylinder that's all. This kit looked cool, and I thought I'd try it. So far so good.

THanks for the comments guys.