Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

is this worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:55 PM
cflchurch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this worth it?

i can get an fs racing mt, i think king kong new in box 480.00. 2wd. i'm ordering a redcat mt, but i wanted another one as back up. is it worth it? also are parts interchangeable with any other trucks, i.e. firehammer, fg , anything else. i would want smaller staduim wheels and so forth. thanks for any and all input. Brian
Old 02-19-2009, 12:28 AM
speedy.d

Default RE: is this worth it?

with a little work the fs can be made into a very solid truck it does however take a little time (not so much money as much as effort). imex ozzie( imexmodels.com) has everything fs in stock with fast curtious service. many mcd parts will work on an fs. my fs was pretty solid except for a couple broken diffs (there is a thread on here on how to overcome this isse ). the fs is a clone of the first generation mcd models so there are even some cool upgrades for them. sickboy and fs*mt*4wd (both rcu forum members from holland) have started making some of the nicest alloy parts i have ever seen for an rc car of any brand. are there better cars out there than an fs sure but for the money you get a pretty solid foundation for a really good car.
btw radio is crap
Old 02-19-2009, 01:41 AM
cflchurch

thanks speedy.d thats what i wanted to know.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:44 PM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

im a DIE-HARD redcat fan so you know what im gona say. so i'll start with this.. you have a point. one fifth scale is not enough!! and 2 cost alot more then just one. it really works out cheaper to have the same rigs or close to the same rigs in multibles. spare parts are interchangable like rims,gears suspension and so on. sticking with one vendor really helps to. i have multible rigs and its a real pain when one part breaks and even tho i have a full hobby room with years of parts i still have to order stuff. redcat is an afordable rig and they have 3 style out so far with 2 more to come(mt,tt,on-road and soon to come, rally and trophy truck as well as a roller kit)right now i am trying to sell off all my rigs to replace them with redcats. simply couse its cheaper. so my point is you may save 200 shells but you will quickly spend that in parts invontory. just my opinion, thats all. you can get a tt buggy for 659 as you all ready know.. so when is your mt showing up?!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 02:06 AM
cflchurch

ordering it on tuesday, wifey ready to pop out a child so im pretty swamped right now.