Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Cen 1/5th scale.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:44 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen 1/5th scale.

well there is a post on this already i think can't find it but a few pages down i was looking threw the toy fair listing and here is the cen 1/5th scale.

http://www.rc-junkies.net/toyfair200...at=-17&pos=661

http://www.rc-junkies.net/toyfair200...at=-17&pos=660
Old 02-19-2009, 04:24 AM
tom111

Default RE: Cen 1/5th scale.

This is 100% like the Redcat Rampage, different painted body, but exactly the same truck...

Looks familiar? look at the typhoon...

http://madabout-rc.co.uk/trucks.aspx
Old 02-19-2009, 01:27 PM
clubin

I agree, that is a Himoto.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:55 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: clubin

I agree, that is a Himoto.
Considering that both RedCat (Rampage) and Himoto (Typhoon) buy these trucks from HSP, yes, they are exactly the Very same trucks. Just different stickesrs.

The Real name of the RamPage and Typhoon is called Skeleton (funny how HSP forgot to pull that off of the truck they meant for Himoto).
So, if you have a Rampage, it is also the Typhoon. Afterall, they are both the HSP Skeleton.

The Skeleton as we all know it, Resold by Redcat as the Rampage
http://www.redcatracing.com/site/rampagemt.html

The Skeleton as the Typhoon (lesser known since Redcat was clever in almost becoming in exclusive reseller of the Skeleton)
(Link Already posted above)

And of course, the Skeleton in its un-resold trim (i.e. un-rebadged) directly from HSP
http://www.hispeedmodel.com/product.asp?bianhao=94050
Old 02-19-2009, 09:27 PM
rckiwi

Well they Himoto, Redcat and now CEN must all think the product is good to badge as there own brand???
Old 02-19-2009, 09:53 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I didnt even know Cenchain was buying the Skeleton (AKA Rampage) from HSP. I thought Python was only saying that because the Skeleton(Rampage) does look like a larger version of the Genesis/Nemesis/GST/GSR.

I know that Redcat does not make any of their RCs. So far as I know, they buy every single one of their RCs from HSP. (They might buy RCs from someone else, but I dont know who if they do buy non-HSP RCs to resell).

Himoto has been a reseller and HSP as well, but they have also been desiging and making their own RCs recently as well. Several of their nitro RCs are absolutely their own, and about a year ago, they also made a crawler of their own. As far as Himoto getting into 5th scale, I had absolutely no idea they were even considering it. I guess I was thinking they were too involved in focusing on their own designed RCs.

Now Cenchain (CEN), they surprise me altogether that they want to step into 5th scale, that is if this thread is really what they are trying to do. Though the Skeleton/Rampage does look like their Genesis/Nemesis/GST/GSR, I am surprised they are resorting to reselling instead of making their own unique 5th scale gasser.

Intersting developments here, and I am curious to see how it will all pan out.

As for right now, this is how I see it: I predict that Redcat will remain to be the top reseller of the Skeleton(the Rampage of course). Redcat is very well established as the primier seller of the Rampage and so I see that Cenchain and Himoto would have to do some serious posturing just to be able resell the very same RC.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:17 AM
rckiwi

Yes I agree Redcat should out shine the other brands of the same vehicle! I did hear last year CEN would be looking at a 1/5 car for this year but presumed it was there own car design, maybe they are testing the market with this car to see if it would be feasible to produce there own design? It sort of reminds me of DuraTrax Firehammer to Smartech Firehammer sold alot more even tho Smartech produced them!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:01 PM
DarkFire989

CEN should have done what team 4 monsters did, take their genesis platform, extend it, then throw a gasser engine on it and change some other important parts.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:33 PM
jimjeep

This might be a really good thing since CEN has a great customer support program for their cars and parts, as well as a lifetime engine exchange program for their nitro engines. Maybe they will do the same for the gasser too! Right now they even have a vehicle exchange program going and if they keep that going and extend it to include gassers then everyone who got a lousy cheapie that they don't enjoy as much will have a place to trade it in for something better! I think it's great as it may bring in even more newcomers into largescale. Nitro's are starting to fade as electrics and gassers are growing more everyday! I wanna race my gassers!!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:53 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: rckiwi

Yes I agree Redcat should out shine the other brands of the same vehicle! I did hear last year CEN would be looking at a 1/5 car for this year but presumed it was there own car design, maybe they are testing the market with this car to see if it would be feasible to produce there own design?
It sort of reminds me of DuraTrax Firehammer to Smartech Firehammer sold alot more even tho Smartech produced them!
Yeah, I'm actually disappointed that Cenchain is resorting to reselling instead designing and making their own 5th scale. And for HSP at that too. Well, that is how HSP rolls, they get resellers to sell their RCs in the US. As far as 5th scales go, I really dont see another reseller for the Skeleton will make a difference. Actually, all that will do is make the resellers fight against each other. Since Redcat has the monopoly in reselling HSP's Skeleton right now, HSP getting two other resellers to resell their skeleton will only distribute the Rampage sales amongst the same market base. Here is the reason why: If I had a HPI 5T, and lets say some other company, Traxxas for example, resold the 5T but simply renamed it, I would only buy one or the other. (I know, Traxxas would never resell, this is just for the sake of an example). So, if I already have a Rampage, why would I buy a Typhoon or CEN-HSP? They are the exct same truck!

On the other hand if Cenchain decided to make their own 5th scale gasser and designed it after their Genesis/Nemesis/GST/GSR (or at least under the same basic formula), I would have definitely been impressed. So, lets say I already have a Rampage(Skeleton), and CEN has their own unique 5th scale, I would also buy the CEN one because it is different and because I dont already have one.

But for reselling the exact same RC, if I already had the Skeleton(Rampage), I would not want ANOTHER Skeleton from Cenchain! (Wouldnt make any sense especially if I were to want two differernt RCs)