Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

stupid battery charger question???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

stupid battery charger question???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
fastfisch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid battery charger question???

I have a 6v 5000mA NIMH receiver battery. Can I use a output of 7.2v or 9v to charge it? OR does it have to be an output of 6v. and what big of a difference does the output mA make?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:43 AM
str8jailbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stupid battery charger question???

The output voltage on cheap chargers (trickle) just means they will charge faster at the higher voltage if that is what you are using. On quality chargers the big adjustment to pay attention to is the amp rating while fast charging. I can't say that either would damage your battery but if you are using a fast charger it helps to know the amp rating for the charge. my 3000mah packs should not be charged higher than 3 amps on fast charge which shows a constant voltage of between 7.5-8 volts. It is a 6v pack which means it discharges while in use a an average of 6 volts. If you have the money a good charger for Nicad and nimh can be had for around $50 or less. The Dynamite Prophet Plus LCD is $49.99 and with out the LCD around 39.99.