Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

I'm back and I want a Baja 5T!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:17 AM
Freezetron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm back and I want a Baja 5T!

Well, some of you may remember me back in 2007 when I was running my first Nitro truck, my beloved Revo 3.3. In fact, my last login was June 26, 2007! I learned alot about R/C after being away for nearly 12 years up to that point when I got my Revo I had alot of fun learning, tweaking, playing and bashing.

However, I steadily began to grow tired of constantly fiddling, tweaking and troubleshooting the nitro motors. I eventually trashed my stock 3.3 motor and replace it and it was pretty smooth sailing for awhile but once again, everytime the damn tempature changed or the stars wern't aligned, I would spend more time tweaking the damn car then I would be driving and having fun with it. Not to mention, the cost of nitro was pretty back then, but now I see a freaking gallon of Traxxas fuel is now farking $40!!!!

Needless to say, I slowly began not to have fun and I began to envy my other R/C friends who had their Baja 5bs and were completely running circles around my 3.3 and I was jealous. I started to plan on selling my Revo 3.3 and get a 5B but it never came to fruition and I eventually sold my Revo 3.3 completely peice by peice till all I had was left over parts.

Flash forward to this month, I had heard about HPI releasing the new "truck" version of the Baja and I was very curious. After researching, seeing the pictures and videos of the 5T in action, I was completely hooked! I drove to my local hobby shop and the guy was surprised to see me back and I told him what I was up to and thinking about. He smiled and ushered me into to back room where he basically "dragged" out a HUGE box that contained a spranking brand new 5T!

He opened it up and I was completely in shock and awe, it was so freaking big!!! I couldn't believe how awesome and cool it looked! The wave of boyfriend washed over me all over again as I my eyes focused on a new toy, and I wanted it!!!!

Needless to say, i'm planning on selling my recently purchased firearm and start saving up for one of these awesome things!!

Because I promised myself that I was going to take it slower in regards to "upgrading" my truck if I decide to do this and only upgrade when I really ned or want too, instead of trying to show off and running my pocket book dry.

That being said, a few questions

1. Is there anything I could REALLY use to help protect my 5T from dust and debri?

2. Exactly how bad is the maintenance on one of these things? What do I really HAVE to do to maintain a Baja vs what would be considered overkill and unneccassary

3. I plan on just bashing and having fun with this vehicle, and suggestions on what parts might break first that I will replace with something more durable

Thanks a ton, I can't wait to get my 5T in a few months!!
Edit/Delete Message
Old 02-27-2009, 12:26 AM
rckiwi

Default RE: I'm back and I want a Baja 5T!

First would be pull start & airfilter outerwears, then a rear bumper to protect the body from bum first landings!

Then just go and have fun with it other hop ups can come later!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Freezetron

Do happen to have a link to those? Are ones for the shocks worth it or no?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:34 AM
splcrazy

lol $40 for a gallon of nitro fuel , with these baja5b's or 5T all you need is loose change for fuel but get the most expensive synthetic 2stroke oil you can afford or just get klotz from DDM thats what i use and its the best and costs $10 for 1 litre i mix 100ml and a half of oil into 5litres of petrol and she goes like a beauty . as for cleaning i just use a wet damp cloth to clean off all the dust and my aircompressor to blow all the crap out then put it away for a few months and forget about it , you basically treat it like you would with your petrol whipper snipper . And lol i dunno maybe keep the firearm instead of selling it lol cos maybe you will need it to protect you from thieves when your running it lol . like my baja costs around $6000, imagine some dude comes upto you and says yo dude give me your truck now or ill bust ya nose or something like that lol
Old 02-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Freezetron

No suggestions?
Old 02-27-2009, 04:42 PM
haz
My Feedback: (17)

Try here for parts http://www.davesmotors.com/site/index.html
Old 07-04-2009, 11:15 PM
nate4

I say hit him with the truck. lol