Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Vertigo Performance products

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 02:30 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertigo Performance products

Does anyone know if VP now selling their products OEM to other companies because I found this photo of a VP Carrier under a different name??

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75520.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1150857  
Old 03-05-2009, 04:55 PM
looker2756

Default RE: Vertigo Performance products

Looks like another copy to me. If it were Vertigo it would have that awesome pewter color.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:25 AM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: looker2756

Looks like another copy to me. If it were Vertigo it would have that awesome pewter color.

Thats what I thought also? but there are companies out there now taking products and selling them as there own? they could have stripped the coloring off? it is not that hard to do...
Old 03-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Dave ESPI

sorry, I couldn't resist................ It was too good of a product, I had WONG WING WE-OOOWWW Knock it off in Singapore and Im selling it for 15.00 USD.
Anyone wants it, please send me a Cash filled envlope.

thanx.

D.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:44 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

Thats what I thought also? but there are companies out there now taking products and selling them as there own? they could have stripped the coloring off? it is not that hard to do...
Everything gets cloned. Its terrible because where they are at, they either have no laws to copyright products or if they do have such laws, they are not enforced. And it is not just VP having individual parts illegally cloned, whole RCs are cloned too.

I know RCU does not condone any illegal activities, in the RCU rules they have this phrase:
"This community forum is a place for ideas and constructive participation, and not a place to violate any laws or to discuss illegal activities."

And there is another phrase that the mods have also relied on (although beased on interpretation of the rule but in a broader manner):
"...any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law." (Though this refers to personal attacks, I have seen this phrase used by a mod some time back to also mean doing anything else illegal as well.)
Old 03-07-2009, 03:09 AM
mini ripper

That is a Skaa63 bearing carrier its only water marked with our logo as you will see are many of the other pictures on our web site. We have not stocked it as a clone of a Vertigo part. I was unaware that vertigos was even similar until now and to be fair never even thought about it.

I will do some more investigation into this and If it is a direct copy I will remove it from sale! I will also pay Vertigo a royalty for evey set we have sold! We as a store wont stock integy for the reasons stated above so would be wrong for us to stock a cloned part of any maufacturer.

If you have any further issues with product on our site please contact me directly on [email protected]
Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 AM
hndaman1

Here is the Vertigo Carrier

it looks like a match to me

I will pass the info on too VP..
Old 03-07-2009, 09:36 AM
mini ripper

The offending parts has been removed from sale as pointed out they are way to simular.

Clayton knows how to get hold of me as I will be able to shed some more light onto how they may have come about!

And until we know more it maybe that vertigo has cloned the Ska one's??? So lets keep an open mind until proven!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:59 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Mini, you are a GENTLEMAN and an honest man worthy of applause.

In this day and age, you are a true rarity in the RC world, and I personally praise you for taking these steps. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-07-2009, 02:25 PM
vertigo performance

Thanks for pointing this out and thanks Mini for being so upstanding. Plagiarism is the greatest form of flattery.

I found this photo from May 25/07 on another forum we post up on

The part Hndaman posted up looks identical to this one, all VP Products original designs if you look back at our product line you will find that we were the first to have many products similar to ours on the market.
This is a list of some of the products we were the first or only company to come to market with.

Rear hub carriers
Aftermarket brakes
Aluminium clutch carrier
Aluminium clutch cover
Rear axle extenders
Front Adjustable extenders
Vented clutch bell (and access holes to adjust the elcon clutch)
Diff locker
Wing buttons (I think)
Right rear aluminium engine mount
One piece input shaft carrier
Carbon Fibre front shock tower with upper hinge pin/bulk head brace - Another company since incorporated the hinge pin brace into their aluminium towers about a year later and a company in France duplicated our carbon tower exact.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:22 AM
hndaman1

I was going to say Clayton copied yours[sm=lol.gif] I had this carrier for a long time already..I was one of the first people to get them before they were avail to the public..