Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Knockoff Baja longevity?

Old 03-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Zonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knockoff Baja longevity?

I sold my trusty old 1/5 truck 2 years ago but I now would like to get another. I don't have much $$ to throw around tho but the chinese revesed engineered Bajas look like a good buy. I went to a race bash the other week and a few were racing around with the HPI Bajas and I could not tell the difference between the $600 buggy and the $1200 buggy performace wise. I asked one guy with 1 and he said he's only broken 1 part in 6 months (a front arm). Another guy there with a HPI said they were a waste and I should stick with the brand name stuff, he said they burn clutches out fast and the engines don't last long. Just wondering how long they last? I know they are half the price but does that mean half the quality? I thought HPI were made in China to begin with..
Old 03-06-2009, 08:27 AM
speedy.d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Knockoff Baja longevity?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7249314/tm.htm